New P/T Sup Salary Negotiation?

SFTifoso

I don't think they will negotiate it. You should also know that your yearly raises will only be at most 3% of your salary (HR will tell you it is potentially 5%, but I know of nobody who has received that much). As time goes by, the union worker who has been with the company the same amount of time will quickly surpass your salary. Also, the tuition reimbursment isn't all that. They only reimbursed about a third of mine. And finally, your benefits will cost about twenty dollars a week, and will have a 500 dollar deductible.

That's a freaking rip off. No wonder my sup, who I've known since she was an hourly, is always in a bad mood now. Do sups still get bonuses?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Not mention before i became a supervisor i was literally one of the best workers there. I could perform any job in the building and was excellent at every stage of the MAPP process and the interview. I really think I'm being undervalued as a potential manager.

you are totally ignorant of how management works at UPS

UnconTROLLed

perfection
That's a freaking rip off. No wonder my sup, who I've known since she was an hourly, is always in a bad mood now. Do sups still get bonuses?

3-5% raises have seemed to be the "going rate" for raises with non-union companies and employees to my knowledge (in a fair economy). Those benefits are pretty average, too.

Rip off? Called Real world.