New package car questions

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
I’ve got a new 6 with the Doppler Radar unit in the back, can’t really tell if the temp in the bulk area is any different but the two fans upfront sure are nice.

As far as the power, other then the Ford’s most our trucks all seem to be gutless and all top out at 67mph on the freeway.

We just got this new 1000 that has a truck number that starts with a 5, and has an ass end in it as long as a twelve cube. I’m curious to know if anyone else has seen one like that.

I’ve got a new 6 with the Doppler Radar unit in the back, can’t really tell if the temp in the bulk area is any different but the two fans upfront sure are nice.

As far as the power, other then the Ford’s most our trucks all seem to be gutless and all top out at 67mph on the freeway.

We just got this new 1000 that has a truck number that starts with a 5, and has an ass end in it as long as a twelve cube. I’m curious to know if anyone else has seen one like that.
What's up with that short step by the rear door? It has to be the most awful design I've ever seen in my life, besides the driver side steps on these package cars

Faceplanted

Sometimes I do, I’ve pulled one with a 10, 8, 7, and 6 and by far the 6 is the shadiest one. I’ll pull them for various reasons but usually it’s for one of my wineries to accommodate their wine club shipment.
I would look into pulling a tp60 with a p10. In some states the overall length requires a cdl

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Lol, it IS a big boy. I gotta adjust my turning, that long ass wheel base. But it sure beats my bucket I usually drive.
Why do I feel it would be really easy to put too much weight behind the rear wheels.
Also the hitch joint on our tp-60 is so beaten up i'm suprised it still works.

Whither

Scofflaw
We have a few. Freightliners with the whirlybird, they're maybe a foot or two shorter than the 1200s. Drove one of em Monday.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
Why do I feel it would be really easy to put too much weight behind the rear wheels.
Also the hitch joint on our tp-60 is so beaten up i'm suprised it still works.
Yeah baby does have back. I think with the length of the truck, extra weight in the rear wouldn't be a huge problem. The first time I saw a TP-60 I was in awe, UPS has a U-haul type trailer?!

quad decade guy

Ok. Really? Why do you have Doppler radar? For distance backing? What did they have before? Just cameras? Same as passenger cars? Serious questions. Doppler radar is PRICEY?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Ok. Really? Why do you have Doppler radar? For distance backing? What did they have before? Just cameras? Same as passenger cars? Serious questions. Doppler radar is PRICEY?

The village idiot has arrived

Do you take everything literal?

If you really do fly a plane I think I’d take the bus you don’t seem smart enough to read a map

oldngray

nowhere special
The village idiot has arrived

Do you take everything literal?

If you really do fly a plane I think I’d take the bus you don’t seem smart enough to read a map
He is still using training wheels

picdump_3670_23.jpg

clean hairy

I could see a person buying a cheap tuner and (on their lunch hour) retuning the engine. And tuning the trans for better performance as well..
Imagine the reaction of the next driver of that truck!

Whither

Scofflaw
At my building the mechanics must be allowed some discretion re: the tuning. I used to cover an industrial route in a newer gen Freightliner 1200. Pkg car often refused to downshift on inclines no matter how much I opened the throttle. I could hear the engine lugging. Wrote it up -- which reference to lugging -- and next day I read in the DVIR that the trans was reprogrammed. Shifting was basically flawless afterward, drove like an old Workhorse haha

Faceplanted

At my building the mechanics must be allowed some discretion re: the tuning. I used to cover an industrial route in a newer gen Freightliner 1200. Pkg car often refused to downshift on inclines no matter how much I opened the throttle. I could hear the engine lugging. Wrote it up -- which reference to lugging -- and next day I read in the DVIR that the trans was reprogrammed. Shifting was basically flawless afterward, drove like an old Workhorse haha
The newer trucks don’t hit close to the max rpm the old ones did in the low gears. All package cars are pos trucks with high torque low rpm motors, but 2900rpm on the new trucks and the 5000rpm on the old p5 v8s is a massive difference. The Ford trucks pull pretty good too. It’s these new trucks that have an absolute :censored2: ecu and trans map from the factory.