New Pickup procedure for Express. Relabel everything!

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Haven't heard that yet.

What I can tell you is that Office has a new policy where if they have to make a new label (like for incorrect shipping day), they have to put the new label on the back side of the pkg. Usually being envelopes and paks.

What's the problem you ask? Well, if I pup something there and glance at the front of the pkg's astra label, I know if it's P1 or, not. But, if they created a new label and slap it on the back of the pkg. where I'm not looking, the new label can very well turn that pkg. into a P1 pkg. I've already seen this happen and it's gonna be a disaster if they don't cover up the old label. Basically, they're sending pkgs. into the system with 2 different (routing) labels on them.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Great,
So, now, we're gonna send frt. into the system with 2 different labels on it.

Guess what? I highly doubt I'm gonna be doing that if I don't have to.
I'll let you know the consequences. (probably none)

Glorifiedpackmule

Was told that it was to help cut down on wdl. I assume power ship labels are falling out of envelopes. Who knows. What a waste of time and money for extra labels. Never fails.

CJinx

Multiple labels on lots of boxes is going to tie up a ton of agents tracking down phantom missing packages. This is not going to end well.

Doc Sorting Dude

Why can't they leave well enough alone. Covering up the label in front not only makes sense but all the information is in the front. Screw checking to see if another label is in back, once you've done it a certain way for years it going to be hard to remember that there's a label on the backside.

dezguy

Why can't they leave well enough alone. Covering up the label in front not only makes sense but all the information is in the front. Screw checking to see if another label is in back, once you've done it a certain way for years it going to be hard to remember that there's a label on the backside.

We see a lot of mail coming from the States that has the astra label on the side opposite the awb. Makes no sense to me why the label isn't on the same side as the awb and a lot of the time, the barcode on the awb gets scanned instead of the astra label.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Great,
So, now, we're gonna send frt. into the system with 2 different labels on it.

Guess what? I highly doubt I'm gonna be doing that if I don't have to.
I'll let you know the consequences. (probably none)

Simply brilliant. That's exactly what will happen....2 labels on the package. The potential for confusion is huge, and will create even more chaos. WAD, and watch it all turn to :censored2:.

Glorifiedpackmule

"You must print a backup Astra label for all FedEx Express packages with bar coded shipping labels/ documents contained In a pouch. The purpose of this is to prevent late and undeliverable shipments when the pouch or label becomes detached from the shipment"

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
"You must print a backup Astra label for all FedEx Express packages with bar coded shipping labels/ documents contained In a pouch. The purpose of this is to prevent late and undeliverable shipments when the pouch or label becomes detached from the shipment"

This will be a cluster of epic proportions. Guess who will be blamed when it turns to poo.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Yeah, like we have lots of free time to do this crap.

hypo hanna

Just like the cubicle-bound Memphoid who thought this :censored2: up. He/she will get a Five Star Award for being a :censored2: and creating another new stupid policy.
Just another major policy change made by someone who hasn't the slightest clue what happens on the road. Didn't see this sort of thing 20 years ago. It's a company hat has lost its way.

!Retired!

Multiple labels on lots of boxes is going to tie up a ton of agents tracking down phantom missing packages. This is not going to end well.
Wrong. If you simply relabel something, the tracking number and all the other info in the barcode would be the same.
You mean like changing from a tracker to PowerPad? You made that switch...correct?
Simply brilliant. That's exactly what will happen....2 labels on the package. The potential for confusion is huge, and will create even more chaos. WAD, and watch it all turn to :censored2:.
Why? Wouldn't both labels be the same?
Just like the cubicle-bound Memphoid who thought this :censored2: up. He/she will get a Five Star Award for being a :censored2: and creating another new stupid policy.
Until the orders for 5X the amount of printer labels come rolling in.

IMO....this will never happen. AT BEST, it'll be attempted somewhere and the idea will be scrapped.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Wrong. If you simply relabel something, the tracking number and all the other info in the barcode would be the same.

You mean like changing from a tracker to PowerPad? You made that switch...correct?

Why? Wouldn't both labels be the same?

Until the orders for 5X the amount of printer labels come rolling in.

IMO....this will never happen. AT BEST, it'll be attempted somewhere and the idea will be scrapped.

I was under the impression that this involved re-labeled packages, where you would have one label that says one thing (the original), and then the new commit. If it's an additional label, it's isn't stupid...just more work for not much of a payoff. As someone else said, this means double the use of ASTRA labels, and twice the printing time per package.

Nolimitz

It will be a total cluster F___. I am already using a full roll of labels every day due to a drop box that has up to 50 letters with the incorrect date. At our station labels are pretty much rationed out. there is never more than 1 box open for the taking at any given time.

TUT

Perhaps Express will get rid of date definite labels in the future. They are the only service in the industry that has the actual delivery date on it. The rest have the service commits stored electronically via scans, not on the label. It's a tech hurdle you guys need to overcome.