New power pad prompt

cookiejar

This seems to fit in nicely with the decision to reinstate split shift routes in several areas. The Late Evening Deliveries will be sent out with the split shifters and pm drivers to be delivered during the pickup cycle. This is to avoid overtime and DOT hours of service issues. Station Engineers are in the process of developing routing plans to assign these deliveries to the correct pickup drivers.

overflowed

This seems to fit in nicely with the decision to reinstate split shift routes in several areas. The Late Evening Deliveries will be sent out with the split shifters and pm drivers to be delivered during the pickup cycle. This is to avoid overtime and DOT hours of service issues. Station Engineers are in the process of developing routing plans to assign these deliveries to the correct pickup drivers.

You're well informed cookiejar.

vantexan

I agree that there are not going to be very many customers willing to pay for another Premium service. Express is being turned into a Premium Only "Boutique Service".

Then again quite a few customers want DSR packages reattempted at home after 1800. Might not be alot, but the service is available if needed.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
HotelPak.

What the heck is that?

Somebody on Fred's staff had a bright idea a long time ago to brand the FedEx Packs as HotelPak for the hotel industry. It was a major flop since they just used regular FedExPaks for the most part and countless Hotel Paks went unused costing the company some serious money.

The genius that came up with the idea was supposedly shown to the door.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
That's funny.
I pup a hotel pretty regularly.
Amazing what people leave behind.
I pupped a laptop once that had to go over seas. (I forget where)

Somebody on Fred's staff had a bright idea a long time ago to brand the FedEx Packs as HotelPak for the hotel industry. It was a major flop since they just used regular FedExPaks for the most part and countless Hotel Paks went unused costing the company some serious money.

I like when I pickup a UPS package in a Fedex box...Thanx Uncle friend(r)ed(UPS)!!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Carl Perkins. I also heard that ended his career. I've heard MT3 has a great idea, and here it is:

Put gigantic fax machines in office buildings and then charge customers exorbitant fees to pick-up and deliver faxes to and from this technological miracle. Then, nobody will have to pay $69.99 for a fax machine. We'll make billions!! MT3 wants to call it MattMail.

Just remember, you heard it here first!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

HD delivered to my home last night. Driver was long gone before I could refuse the package.

If you knew that you were going to refuse why didn't you put a note on the front door telling the driver to RTS it?

You can still refuse the package, provided you haven't opened it or can discretely tape it back up, by bringing it to an authorized FedEx drop off point or putting it in to a FedEx drop box.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Yeah right, I think Happy Hands is the one that came up with it. I bet he was in on the whole Sunday delivery service debacle too.

hypo hanna

Flying that one overnight letter clear across the country on a jumbo jet for 70 bucks didn't quite cover the costs...
LMAO!

Sad but this is typical of the new services they come up with. Some customer makes the offhand remark they would like a Sunday delivery and marketing says "sure". No one ever seems to investigate how it would affect overall service.
They just set up a corporate account with Wells Fargo and part of the terms is to install drop boxes at and in their locations. Never mind whether these are good locations for drop boxes, its part of the contract. This is right after we cleaned up the USPS drop box debacle.

FedEx never learns.