New Preloader Tips

So i use to work as a seasonal driver helper, and i guess my driver put in a good word for me and a few months later they called me about a permanent position in the warehouse, im guessing is either unloading the trailers or loading the trucks. I went for a walk-thru the HR lady wanted me to see what the job was about and to see if i was still interested after she said she just had to do a background check and that i should be hearing from her soon. Can any of yall help me with tips at workin in the warehouse loading trucks or unloading the trailers? Thanks! Nyc

BrownThunder

Practice your war cry and leave your soul at home if you value it.

Full time loader/unloader? I dont think any of my co workers are FT. Good for you! Bring boots, water, and music and prepare to sweat and cuss.

Mr October

Welcome to UPS. Make sure to have good, comfortable work boots. Bring water, and remember that you will be sore the first couple of days. Try to learn fast and keep a pace you are comfortable and safe with. If are working somewhere cold bring layers as you will most likely want to shed a couple layers as the shift goes on. Best of luck.

Welcome to UPS. Make sure to have good, comfortable work boots. Bring water, and remember that you will be sore the first couple of days. Try to learn fast and keep a pace you are comfortable and safe with. If are working somewhere cold bring layers as you will most likely want to shed a couple layers as the shift goes on. Best of luck.
Thank you very much, really appreciate it. Hopefully orientation go by smooth, HR lady told me it will be 4 days. Im super excited! 1 quick question, she also said something about ups pays for our gym membership or i heard wrong?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Since it is only part time, you will be free to pursue that English degree, honing those time honored intellectual skills of critical reading and writing, thus developing a deep understanding of the human condition.

specter208

Do what makes you happy, Take advantage of this opportunity and stick long term. I myself am still eagerly waiting for a call back. God bless.

Mr.Golden

So i use to work as a seasonal driver helper, and i guess my driver put in a good word for me and a few months later they called me about a permanent position in the warehouse, im guessing is either unloading the trailers or loading the trucks. I went for a walk-thru the HR lady wanted me to see what the job was about and to see if i was still interested after she said she just had to do a background check and that i should be hearing from her soon. Can any of yall help me with tips at workin in the warehouse loading trucks or unloading the trailers? Thanks! Nyc

I would say the sort aisle is the best thing to do but since you stay in NYC or mentioned it. I'm guessing the sort aisle don't exist and it's run by automatic machines. Best bet is unloading trailers.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
We don't have warehouses, and just work at your own pace.

J

jibbs

Work as directed. If directions are unclear, don't be afraid to ask questions.

Do your best to keep up with the work, wherever you may end up. Don't talk :censored2: and don't steal :censored2: and you'll probably have a job for life if you show up on time every day.

Do what makes you happy, Take advantage of this opportunity and stick long term. I myself am still eagerly waiting for a call back. God bless.
Thanks man, im extremely happy and thankful for this opportunity. Im actually trying to be a driver sooner or later, thats where the money is at. And keep checking the website, or if u did seasonal driver's helper call HR and ask them how's it going.

Work as directed. If directions are unclear, don't be afraid to ask questions.

Do your best to keep up with the work, wherever you may end up. Don't talk :censored2: and don't steal :censored2: and you'll probably have a job for life if you show up on time every day.
Really appreciate those words, Im really excited about this opportunity and planning to stay long term. Hopefully i'll become a driver quick lol

I would say the sort aisle is the best thing to do but since you stay in NYC or mentioned it. I'm guessing the sort aisle don't exist and it's run by automatic machines. Best bet is unloading trailers.
I have no idea if it does, but when we did the walk thru it did looked like unloading the trailers is the easiest position, but it looks freakin tiring lols unloading them long trailers non stop. Thanks man!