New Preloader

ZeroHandicapper

Olympic Preload Gold Medalist
Whew, that’s a relief! I appreciate all of the encouragement. I respect all of the work you all do to keep our packages coming to our doors.
You don't have to make friends with your trainer or sup, but at least get along. Kill them with kindness for 30 days. Drivers are the ones who will make or break you. Ask the drivers questions and most will answer and help you, especially with you being a woman. Ask them what you can do to make their job a little easier. They will tell you where they might want certain things, etc. They have been there and done that and they can be your best friend or your worst enemy if a sup asks "what about so and so". You are going to have good loads and bad ones and they understand that. The best thing UPS could do with new loaders is have them load two days, then go out with a driver for two days and see what they do and how they do it. It helped me so much with learning how to bury things, what is important and what is not. How to take all the bulk and put at the back of the truck whenever possible, and how they sort throughout the day. If you get on a training route, concentrate on that truck and load it the best you can to help them out, they are more stressed than you. Good luck and hang in there.

UPSER1987

Hang in there young lady. Preloading is the toughest job at UPS. Tougher than driving IMO. Driving is cake comparatively. You’ll be fine.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
It's hard not to do this: because we see 3/4 or more of the newer people disappear: You probably won't make friends for a month or two. I know where I'm at, everybody knows everybody else as long as you've put a small amount of time in. Because the company is a stone-wall of idiocy and we're union, it's also just better to ignore management as much as possible and ask lots of follow-up questions if they want to talk to you.
Like I'm not kidding when I say the company does whatever it wants, and most of their decisions are the least safe, most expensive things we could ever think of if we were in their same shoes.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hang in there young lady. Preloading is the toughest job at UPS. Tougher than driving IMO. Driving is cake comparatively. You’ll be fine.
6E744EE9-DC85-45EE-8BA9-A5254DE260C1.gif

EverybodyLovesMike

No, my name isnt mike
Come to work with a positive outlook? That made me giggle.

You strike me as someone who would make a great member of management. Take it as a compliment!