New Preloader

papamia

Hi there, I just started as a preloader and it is brutal. I had a lady training me, I think she was a supervisor. Very cut and dry, kind of on the cold side. I am also a female. I think she tried her best to be as patient as she could be because I had a large pile up of packages. She had to help me a few times by rearranging the truck to make sure things fit properly. She wouldn't hesitate to watch me work and sometimes I felt like I was doing things wrong. Occasionally as I was trying to catch up with the workload, she would be having a casual conversation with the male coworker working his side of the belt. Is there any way I could lighten things up? Generally speaking I try my best to come to work with a positive attitude, but this one was a stonewall. I understand she is trying to make sure I do the job correctly and its all in professionalism. Have you noticed other people who have these behavior patterns or do you think I'm reading into it too much?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hi there, I just started as a preloader and it is brutal. I had a lady training me, I think she was a supervisor. Very cut and dry, kind of on the cold side. I am also a female. I think she tried her best to be as patient as she could be because I had a large pile up of packages. She had to help me a few times by rearranging the truck to make sure things fit properly. She wouldn't hesitate to watch me work and sometimes I felt like I was doing things wrong. Occasionally as I was trying to catch up with the workload, she would be having a casual conversation with the male coworker working his side of the belt. Is there any way I could lighten things up? Generally speaking I try my best to come to work with a positive attitude, but this one was a stonewall. I understand she is trying to make sure I do the job correctly and its all in professionalism. Have you noticed other people who have these behavior patterns or do you think I'm reading into it too much?

Slap her on the arse
Most female supes are bisexual at the least

WannaBeFeeder

Sounds like you have anxiety ....

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Few points.
You're new. Yeah, you are terrible at your job. Don't sweat it.
Everyone is when they start.

The idea is to do a little less horribly each day.

Don't worry about your supe. No one here at UPS is known for their social skills at all.
Especially around females, a lot of people choose to be pretty careful at the start.

I enjoy running my mouth, but I wouldn't around most new people (especially girls), because I don't know how they'll handle it. They may not have a sense of humor. They may decide to send me to HR. Etc...

So just keep on working, and as people get to know you better, I figure people will open up a bit more.

Chin up. It's an awful place, where we do awful work, with awful people. But give it a while, and it'll feel like home. :)

KevinWhipaloo

Yep, that’s the truth
I think it's your anxiety too. From my experience and reading others, if supervisors want to harass you, they would. Maybe their lurking and observations are a sign of upcoming micromanaging, but as things stand now they'll be rather lenient towards your methods/techniques on your first day.

papamia

Thank you for the insight about managers/supervisors. I was reading all sorts of info about UPS before I officially started and I was nervous. Thank you for the heads up.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
You don’t have to make friends with your trainer. Put up with her for a week tops then she’s out of your truck and you don’t have to worry about her anymore.

papamia

You don’t have to make friends with your trainer. Put up with her for a week tops then she’s out of your truck and you don’t have to worry about her anymore.
Whew, that’s a relief! I appreciate all of the encouragement. I respect all of the work you all do to keep our packages coming to our doors.

chicken alfredo

You've figured it out in probably the first 5 minutes, I'm sure.
But this is a forum full of mostly truck drivers.

And you've told them you're female.

The fact that no one has asked for nudes yet shows they're on their best behavior.
Well I’m a male and that didn’t stop you from asking for my pics !