New PVD

Are they pushing me aside for someone better

• Pvd

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Pvd

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

newkid30

Hi, everyone I am a new PVD driver with UPS. when I just started, I work one week straight even did overtime on a Saturday, I called out one day because it was my anniversary
I made sure that I text my supervisor the day before I takeoff, after that day…. I noticed that everything change I didn’t have a set block anymore they gave it to someone new I called one of the manager the other day and they said that they didn’t have a schedule black for me I know they’re busy because it’s not even Christmas yet after all I was hired for the holidays.
I feel like I am being pushed to the side for calling out that day or maybe it’s some thing else
I usually overthink everything and also I’m a really shy person when it comes on to talking to people usually just show up and try to do my best. I guess my question is is it over for me for this season I was thinking about applying for a higher position that’s the reason why I apply for PVD. And if you I’ve been hired for PVD driver is it guarante I will get work all through the holidays?.

bumped

Next man up. UPS needs people that are available everyday. We don't get off for our birthdays, anniversaries, kids birthdays, or when a pet dies. You've been bypassed for someone that wants to show up everyday.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Hi, everyone I am a new PVD driver with UPS. when I just started, I work one week straight even did overtime on a Saturday, I called out one day because it was my anniversary
I made sure that I text my supervisor the day before I takeoff, after that day…. I noticed that everything change I didn’t have a set block anymore they gave it to someone new I called one of the manager the other day and they said that they didn’t have a schedule black for me I know they’re busy because it’s not even Christmas yet after all I was hired for the holidays.
I feel like I am being pushed to the side for calling out that day or maybe it’s some thing else
I usually overthink everything and also I’m a really shy person when it comes on to talking to people usually just show up and try to do my best. I guess my question is is it over for me for this season I was thinking about applying for a higher position that’s the reason why I apply for PVD. And if you I’ve been hired for PVD driver is it guarante I will get work all through the holidays?.
You’ll never be a 22.4

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
I don’t understand taking days off when seasonal. The PVD that I was setup with could only work Monday and Thursday. What’s the point of that?

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Don't they filter those people out with simple questions like "Are you available to work everyday of the week as long as we need you to work?"
Here they hired anyone that applied. I had another PVD quit on me towards the end of their route because they had a bad a customer. They told me “I quit” and they had ten stops waiting for me. Really irritating.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
At UPS we work no matter what, anniversaries, kids being born, deaths, etc!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Here they hired anyone that applied. I had another PVD quit on me towards the end of their route because they had a bad a customer. They told me “I quit” and they had ten stops waiting for me. Really irritating.
Had one last week. Took his last 15 stops back to the drop off point. Told the driver. I got hungry so I went home and left the rest for you.

542thruNthru

Had one last week. Took his last 15 stops back to the drop off point. Told the driver. I got hungry so I went home and left the rest for you.
We have a few PVDs that regularly leave stops in their drop area. No one knows till we show up the next day. No scans are through the roof and they are blaming us lol.

Captain Qwark

"I don't deserve these bulbous buttocks."
Well, if it isn't over for you you're certainly relegated to the bottom of the list and your chances of getting rehired after Christmas are slim to none. And no, it's not a "guarante" that just because you were hired you will get to work all through the holidays. They want dependable people. Working one week and then calling out are not good stats.