** New Seasonal Driver** What is the average packages per hour?

Hi All,
New seasonal driver here and tomorrow will be my 1st day on the road alone after 3 days with on road surpurvisor. I just resigned from usps as a TEMP carrier after 5 yrs to try and get a career. I just want to know how any packages per hr should I be doing for bosses yo consider keeping me after the holidays with this new contract. I don't wanna go to slow or too fast. Also, it will be residential for now. Any help or general info or tips would be much appreciated.

​ Thank You

Squint

No more work for me!
If you are asking about stops per hour as your question should be, it would be determined by how close all your stops are to one another. Get with the driver/s that usually do the area that you will be doing and ask them what they usually average.

Hi All,
New seasonal driver here and tomorrow will be my 1st day on the road alone after 3 days with on road surpurvisor. I just resigned from usps as a TEMP carrier after 5 yrs to try and get a career. I just want to know how any packages per hr should I be doing for bosses yo consider keeping me after the holidays with this new contract. I don't wanna go to slow or too fast. Also, it will be residential for now. Any help or general info or tips would be much appreciated.

​ Thank You
no matter what you do,it wont be enough! just keep moving and drive safe and you will be fine. Good luck!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Tell me about it. I have a bunch of old Raleigh bikes in the basement.

Oh, and one Follis (French). That's even worse.

lol I just came across a snap on whitworth socket at my grandpas farm. Got curious and did a little research was the only way I know.

UPSGUY72

Hi All,

​ Thank You

Yes will never be fast enough so don't worry about being to fast. The object is to be smooth and steady which is a lot faster than running around like idiot.

JL 0513

You're looking for a number which no one has provided yet. A rough standard is about 18-22 STOPS per hour. No one counts pieces per hour.

Obviously though, this number can vary significantly based on location. Those in the middle of nowhere, might only do 5. Those in a city might do 35+.

cb1969

every route is different as well as every center...you can compare stops per hour from daily supervisor reports...just keep one thing in mind at UPS there is no such thing as to fast.......