New seasonal employee wants to file grievances

542thruNthru

How would you feel if you were told to come in to work, stood around for a few hours and were then told to go home? You'd be pissed to.

It shouldn't matter what your status is-----if you are scheduled to work and show up it should not be your fault if you are not put to work.

It's not about how I'd feel. I get pissed about a lot of things but if the rules are not on my side there is nothing I can do.

So areas have guarantees for helpers some don't.

iruhnman630

This seems like a no brainer.

If he was told to report, then file. At worst, he loses nothing. Or, he could win and get paid plus penalty pay.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
This is why I can't do inside helpers for the rest of peak. A driver does not call me before 10:30 I do not ride, tough luck, you don't pay for me to stand around or use up extra gas. If I don't get every day then I don't earn enough overtime to bother.

AwashBwashCwash

He's probably been reading this forum.

I'd be willing to bet that this forum is responsible for getting more people fired than anything else.
Newbies come here, get indoctrinated, get all jumped up listening to all of you talk all that big union :censored2:, then go into work in battle mode and paint a target on their backs and get taken down.

rod

Retired 22 years

I'd be willing to bet that this forum is responsible for getting more people fired than anything else.
Newbies come here, get indoctrinated, get all jumped up listening to all of you talk all that big union :censored2:, then go into work in battle mode and paint a target on their backs and get taken down.
Only a fool takes advise off the internet as their main source of info. Call the Union directly-------and even then it wouldn't hurt to also get it in writing.

Not that this OP is qualified to file a grievance because he isn't in the union but filling a grievance for wrong pay doesn't put a target on your back

Dear lord.

Last edited:

Yolo

If UPS told him to come in then had him stand around for a couple of hours he should be paid for the hours he was there.

Bioweapon

I’m a seasonal hired as a PVD I had to sign union paperwork $300 initiation fee to the local union and union dues like everyone else(to work a month).. so if the union is forcing seasonal workers to pay union dues how do you guys get off saying they aren’t union, or can’t file grievances?