new subject

rod

Retired 22 years
OK-- Black Friday is over and the thousand dollar day is done with. Its now time for 20 new threads on the same subject about how friend-ed up your centers peak is going.

Rainman

Its all good.
We should be ok up till 2 weeks before Christmas. Management has tried to put a good plan into place, and as far as they could, they have succeeded. Things will start getting super heavy then, even worse when Brand Ex starts turning away business. At that point, stick your head between your legs and kiss your butt goodbye.

Packmule

If our chiefs do as they say, we will be turning away pkgs last week or so too. And this really needs to happen with all carriers.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I think the whole issue will be if the bean counters in Atlanta are able to maintain the plan with its higher payroll or they will fall back into the doing more with less. I think they will sustain the plan but will fall back to their old ways next year.

Re-Raise

Our new drivers are terrible. They are delivering 5hr planned days in 11 hrs.

They can't run any rural areas because they can't read maps, so they are afraid to send them out of town.

We replaced competent retirees with people who thought all this job required was the ability to drive a package car. I guess they can only work us 60 hours a week.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Our new drivers are terrible. They are delivering 5hr planned days in 11 hrs.

They can't run any rural areas because they can't read maps, so they are afraid to send them out of town.

We replaced competent retirees with people who thought all this job required was the ability to drive a package car. I guess they can only work us 60 hours a week.
Recently had a seasonal deliver 50 stops in town and it took him 10 hours. Had to get help from 5 other drivers.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Tuesday should be the last guaranteed delivery day, with Wednesday to clean up the leftovers.
Should be and reality often diverge. You know as well as I know some cubicle dweller in Atlanta will once again tell Amazon "yeah we can do it" and we will be left cleaning up their mess.