New Teamsters Slogan

With automation bearing down on us, UPS is going to be shutting down a lot of shifts and buildings. The lucky employees will get to transfer to another hub (maybe in another city), while the others will wind up unemployed.

While people in my building were griping about the crappy support the Teamster were giving us, they're disciples said, "Hey, it could be worse - the company could have fired you! At least the Teamsters are helping us follow the volume."

Given this reality, I came up with a really cool new slogan for the Teamsters:

REAMSTERS: WE HELP YOU FOLLOW THE VOLUME

And that isn't BS. There's a whole convoy of morons who used to worship the Teamsters commuting from Seattle to Tacoma right now. I'm tempted to visit the Tacoma hub just to say HI and pass out VOTE4BERNIE.SANDERS stickers.

What do you think?

Thebrownblob

With automation bearing down on us, UPS is going to be shutting down a lot of shifts and buildings. The lucky employees will get to transfer to another hub (maybe in another city), while the others will wind up unemployed.

While people in my building were griping about the crappy support the Teamster were giving us, they're disciples said, "Hey, it could be worse - the company could have fired you! At least the Teamsters are helping us follow the volume."

Given this reality, I came up with a really cool new slogan for the Teamsters:

REAMSTERS: WE HELP YOU FOLLOW THE VOLUME

And that isn't BS. There's a whole convoy of morons who used to worship the Teamsters commuting from Seattle to Tacoma right now. I'm tempted to visit the Tacoma hub just to say HI and pass out VOTE4BERNIE.SANDERS stickers.

What do you think?
I don’t think you know what you’re talking about. My building automated and expanded about three years ago we require more employees not less, half don’t do anything except stand around and watch a belt. 😂

I don’t think you know what you’re talking about. My building automated and expanded about three years ago we require more employees not less, half don’t do anything except stand around and watch a belt. 😂
Your building automated AND EXPANDED, therefore I don't know what I'm talking about? It's really simple math: Automation destroys jobs, while expansion adds or creates new jobs. If the expansion is greater than the automation, then, yes, you could wind up with more employees.

However, I've worked at TWO hubs where entire shifts were eliminated. Now maybe this is just a fad here in Washington State, but I kind of doubt it. Enjoy watching those belts. ;)

Thebrownblob

Your building automated AND EXPANDED, therefore I don't know what I'm talking about? It's really simple math: Automation destroys jobs, while expansion adds or creates new jobs. If the expansion is greater than the automation, then, yes, you could wind up with more employees.

However, I've worked at TWO hubs where entire shifts were eliminated. Now maybe this is just a fad here in Washington State, but I kind of doubt it. Enjoy watching those belts. ;)
Yes, you don’t know what you’re talking about . We’ve almost double the amount of people now. And we have two other buildings and Another new building just like it about 20 miles away they did the same. One of them added a sort. We have 4 shifts already, so we could not add any more. Sadly, I don’t get to enjoy watching those belts because I’m a driver. So please tell me again how the technology change works, and I’ll once again rub your nose and the fact that you don’t know anything, if they are shutting sorts down at your building, that is a company decision based on volume.

542thruNthru

2Ch.gif

Yes, you don’t know what you’re talking about . We’ve almost double the amount of people now. And we have two other buildings and Another new building just like it about 20 miles away they did the same. One of them added a sort. We have 4 shifts already, so we could not add any more. Sadly, I don’t get to enjoy watching those belts because I’m a driver. So please tell me again how the technology change works, and I’ll once again rub your nose and the fact that you don’t know anything, if they are shutting sorts down at your building, that is a company decision based on volume. PS your screen name fits you.
I'm talking about the hubs in Seattle and Redmond, Washington. Which hubs are you talking about.

Your claims are also a little hard to believe. You almost DOUBLED your employees, and there are THREE other hubs nearby that are also beefing up their workforce?

Your post sounds like a combination of exaggeration (if not lying) and cherry-picking.

UPS wouldn't be embracing automation if it forced them to hire more people, fool. If your building really doubled its work force, then there must be something else going on. Was there another hub in the region that was shut down so all its volume could be rerouted to your hub?

Again, tell us the names and locations of the hubs you're talking about.

Thebrownblob

I'm talking about the hubs in Seattle and Redmond, Washington. Which hubs are you talking about.

Your claims are also a little hard to believe. You almost DOUBLED your employees, and there are THREE other hubs nearby that are also beefing up their workforce?

Your post sounds like a combination of exaggeration (if not lying) and cherry-picking.

UPS wouldn't be embracing automation if it forced them to hire more people, fool. If your building really doubled its work force, then there must be something else going on. Was there another hub in the region that was shut down so all its volume could be rerouted to your hub?

Again, tell us the names and locations of the hubs you're talking about.
I don’t care what hub if you’re experiencing sorts or whole buildings shut down it’s a volume issue not automation.
Automation requires more employees that do less work. End of story. Most of the automation UPS has embraced, has only been done because they want to take human error out of the equation when packages are moving through the system or being loaded on trucks. Still requires people to do the work of loading and unloading, and tending belts.

I don’t care what hub if you’re experiencing sorts or whole buildings shut down it’s a volume issue not automation.
Automation requires more employees that do less work. End of story.
Automation requires more employees???

You're a bald-faced liar. That explains why you won't even tell us which hubs you're talking about. L-I-A-R.

Better yet, maybe the Teamsters can promote the Seattle-Tacoma convoy as a "Freedom Convoy." They could give them red, white, and blue uniforms and little American flags to put on their cars.

TEAMSTERS: WE HELP YOU FOLLOW THE VOLUME SO WE DON"T HAVE TO

or

TEAMSTERS: WE HELP YOU FOLLOW THE VOLUME WHILE WE DRINK A BEER

Go, Freedom Convoy!

Thebrownblob

Better yet, maybe the Teamsters can promote the Seattle-Tacoma convoy as a "Freedom Convoy." They could give them red, white, and blue uniforms and little American flags to put on their cars.

TEAMSTERS: WE HELP YOU FOLLOW THE VOLUME SO WE DON"T HAVE TO

or

TEAMSTERS: WE HELP YOU FOLLOW THE VOLUME WHILE WE DRINK A BEER

Go, Freedom Convoy!
You poor thing show us where the Teamsters hurt you?

Oh my God - that guy bears an uncanny resemblance to a union whore who works in my building. He's a gun nut who has threatened or assaulted people on several occasions. A few years ago, he threatened to bring his assault rifle to work and blow away the manager. They fired him, but eh Reamsters helped him get his job back. He was one shop steward's (now a business agent) best friend; they were practically Siamese twins. Even the way he moves remind me of him. Some one shot a video of him "dancing" in the hub and posted it on YouTube.

Thebrownblob

Oh my God - that guy bears an uncanny resemblance to a union whore who works in my building. He's a gun nut who has threatened or assaulted people on several occasions. A few years ago, he threatened to bring his assault rifle to work and blow away the manager. They fired him, but eh Reamsters helped him get his job back. He was one shop steward's (now a business agent) best friend; they were practically Siamese twins. Even the way he moves remind me of him. Some one shot a video of him "dancing" in the hub and posted it on YouTube.
Cool story bro