New to Brown Cafe. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I’m not good with the internet but am looking for a way to learn.

Max Headroom

Any advice,wether it’s being funny is welcomed! I am looking for tips , what to look out for and what is the history of this site. I’ve logged in overthe years but never signed up. So hope to meetsome good people and what my daughter tells me are trolls. Whatever, thank you.

Brownwind

Any advice,wether it’s being funny is welcomed! I am looking for tips , what to look out for and what is the history of this site. I’ve logged in overthe years but never signed up. So hope to meetsome good people and what my daughter tells me are trolls. Whatever, thank you.
2/3 of posters are retired and mean well but are removed from the norm of the past year. The rest of us are decades into the job and want updates on what’s happening around the country also to be anonymous. Don’t take it personal.

oldngray

nowhere special
There are trolls, yes but also very good information available. The problem is usually when threads get derailed after first answering the questions. Especially if the original poster isn't liking the answers they hear.

And yes use the search function. People get kind of tired answering the same questions that have been asked a hundred times before in other threads.

Thebrownblob

Welcome to Brown café!!

1688044842435.gif

rod

Retired 22 years
Take just about everything you read on here with a grain of salt. Most of it is half truths or just plain BS. The exception would be advice from us old retired people. EVERYTHING we post is 100% true.

oldngray

nowhere special
Take just about everything you read on here with a grain of salt. Most of it is half truths or just plain BS. The exception would be advice from us old retired people. EVERYTHING we post is 100% true.
I read somewhere that retired people weren't supposed to post.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
There are trolls, yes but also very good information available. The problem is usually when threads get derailed after first answering the questions. Especially if the original poster isn't liking the answers they hear.

And yes use the search function. People get kind of tired answering the same questions that have been asked a hundred times before in other threads.

@rickyb:canadaday:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The rest of us are decades into the job and want updates on what’s happening around the country also to be anonymous. Don’t take it personal.
Then tap into the Feeder Network for the latest info.
For decades they have been the most informed group within the company.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
WARNING---Not everyone who posts is what they seem.
The company regularly spies on employees here.
And there are some who enjoy hijacking threads that are not their own.

anonymous23456

I seriously doubt company wants to spy on anyone here. There may be some center managers with not enough work to do browsing this site. If I was you, I browsed posting in the past and get a feel for what UPS was like before you joined. Lot of people were laid off, retired, and so on. The company has gone through different versions of itself over the years.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I seriously doubt company wants to spy on anyone here. There may be some center managers with not enough work to do browsing this site. If I was you, I browsed posting in the past and get a feel for what UPS was like before you joined. Lot of people were laid off, retired, and so on. The company has gone through different versions of itself over the years.
The Company has employees who spend their days monitoring social media platforms (Facebook) for posts that reflect negatively on the brand.

There was a member (STUG) who posted pictures of himself and the PC’s (and his on-car) here that reflected poorly on the brand and, yes, he was disciplined for those posts.