New to the game

Well after owning three business and the last one being a restaurant Im tired of slaving for others well I should say it mildly. lol What I mean I want someone else to give me a check and tell me what to do for a while. (Im sure I wont have problems with that) Well I have been running on the thread mill to get me a little ready. Im going to put in 20 years and thats It. Well monday is the big day and hopefully one day down the long road I can be suited in brown. Nice forum I have spent the last 3 days laughing at some of the post....

DS

Fenderbender
First of all suavey,welcome to the bc.If you have read some of the posts in here like you say,you will realize that not just anyone can do this job.
Some people buckle under the pressure.But welcome aboard the big brown bus,hey,this bus has no seatbelts!

sano

suaveyankees,
Congratulations on your new venture! Sure know what you mean about owning your own business. I have worked in my own businesses since I was in grade school.
The thought of someone else making the decisions is appealing. Did you get hired off the street? If so where? I have an interview scheduled for next Thursday, but I think it is for seasonal driver. It also is 12+ hours from where I currently live. I am not sure I should move for a seasonal job.
Respectfully,

paidslave

Well after owning three business and the last one being a restaurant Im tired of slaving for others well I should say it mildly. lol What I mean I want someone else to give me a check and tell me what to do for a while. (Im sure I wont have problems with that) Well I have been running on the thread mill to get me a little ready. Im going to put in 20 years and thats It. Well monday is the big day and hopefully one day down the long road I can be suited in brown. Nice forum I have spent the last 3 days laughing at some of the post....

Welcome aboard! You will have lots of people telling you what to do.

Very exciting!:happy2:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
First of all suavey,welcome to the bc.If you have read some of the posts in here like you say,you will realize that not just anyone can do this job.
Some people buckle under the pressure.But welcome aboard the big brown bus,hey,this bus has no seatbelts!
Sometimes you get thrown under that bus but its all good !!!!:surprised:

Thanks everyone for your reply. Oh my God I did the most funniest thing on Friday. I thought let me get on the thread mill for 20min. then i decided to put 2 25lb weights in a box and try an lift it 100 times and put it on a bench as if it was a conveyor belt. The next 2 days I was sore as hell. My wife and kids were laughing. Again this job like someone said in the post you have to have a good sense of humor to be able to survive. I know i will be fine the first week will be the longest.

Thanks again.

Thanks everyone for your reply. Oh my God I did the most funniest thing on Friday. I thought let me get on the thread mill for 20min. then i decided to put 2 25lb weights in a box and try an lift it 100 times and put it on a bench as if it was a conveyor belt. The next 2 days I was sore as hell. My wife and kids were laughing. Again this job like someone said in the post you have to have a good sense of humor to be able to survive. I know i will be fine the first week will be the longest.

Thanks again.
The first week will be the longest year of your life.

sorry guys no i did not quit been really busy with ups. I am on the safety committe, im the co-chair to growth committee and also a cerc. been putting in around 24 hrs a week. not bad. first week was a little hard. I threw my first week in the 1,000 mothers day week i threw 1,600 i have had my pph over 300 record was 337 so far. thanks for everyones support

helenofcalifornia

Dude!!! What up w/all the committee work in your first week at UPS? Are you planning on going management? Slow down, look around and evaluate things before you make anymore major changes. I am glad you like your job and UPS is very lucky to have you as an employee. Have you met many of your fellow workers yet? Report back when you have time.

Well still involved with all the committees. I am now wellness champion :sick:. So being involved mean a lot of volunteer work but I guess one day it will pay off. I know they say you can be a driver no matter what that its all in the seniority but i feel different about that. Being in all the meetings I see the big shots all the time. They all ways tell me I am doing well and yes they have asked me to be a supervisor but they very well know I am focused on driving and I have no interest in that. I do really enjoy the job and especially the benefits. Just cant wait to be in brown completely. Hope everyone is doing well.

helenofcalifornia

What's the wait time in your center for driving? And I didn't mean to ding you about all the committees. I just noticed the three month difference between your first post and the post I responded to. Good luck.

bellesotico

BOXstar
Well still involved with all the committees. I am now wellness champion :sick:. So being involved mean a lot of volunteer work but I guess one day it will pay off. I know they say you can be a driver no matter what that its all in the seniority but i feel different about that. Being in all the meetings I see the big shots all the time. They all ways tell me I am doing well and yes they have asked me to be a supervisor but they very well know I am focused on driving and I have no interest in that. I do really enjoy the job and especially the benefits. Just cant wait to be in brown completely. Hope everyone is doing well.

Glad things are going well for you suavey!! Thats fantastic!
So hey..I don't know how it is there..but here p/t get sucked into volunteering all with driving kind of being held over head like a carrot..but to no avail. Be careful that they don't make promises of fast tracking you just to get your help :) Not saying thats how it's going down for you..just giving you a heads up..just in case :)
Make sure you throw your name on as many bid sheets as possible :)
At any rate..keep up the good work!