New to ups. Question about union strike

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
You cannot stimulate real life in Intergrad. Congrats and good luck...protect the public,your self, and dont wreck the dang PC.

BigBadBrown2018

Talk to the vets and ask questions if you dont know, management will give you half assed answers. Get a good headlamp for peak and dont get into a accident at all costs. You seasonal or permanent hire? Get to know your steward and BA.
I'm permanent hire, was hired on oct 29th and waiting for a route to open up. Is that normal? I need to work and am waiting.

BigBadBrown2018

School was intense? A truck getting blown up by a roadside bomb is intense, killing a guy as you run from a vehicle trying to run you down is intense, watching a live baby exit a woman's body is intense...WTF do you know?

If you think UPS's little puke fake-ass boot camp school was intense, you are going to be in for a rude awakening when and if you complete your qualification. Good luck to you and keep an open mind and clear head. That's all you've got here at UPS.
I'll be ok. But thanks for the advice. I seen alot in life myself and still learning from what lifes gives me. Just happy to be alive and provide a good life for kids and wife. Thanks brother.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
I'm permanent hire, was hired on oct 29th and waiting for a route to open up. Is that normal? I need to work and am waiting.
Depends on the area you are from, we are training seasonal drivers so could have to do with that. I would talk to your BA or union steward to see what he or she has to say about the lack of work. My guess you will be put on in the winter for peak in the coming weeks. Just remember that you still will have a probation period and will have to perform.

BigBadBrown2018

Depends on the area you are from, we are training seasonal drivers so could have to do with that. I would talk to your BA or union steward to see what he or she has to say about the lack of work. My guess you will be put on in the winter for peak in the coming weeks. Just remember that you still will have a probation period and will have to perform.
I'm not part of union yet until after 30 days? Right? And I'll make sure not the screw up during my probation, that's for sure. Thanks.

Brisket

Got it, thank you. Got plenty experience in driving. I should be good to go.

EF28CBB4-DBDD-484C-B05B-E709AD2E4F5A.gif

Wait till after your first week THEN come back after seeing your load bricked out and air meets...

Last edited:

BigBadBrown2018

I spoke with HR and they told me that they would call me when a route opens up. If I knew this, I would have never quit my job until I know they were 100 percent ready for me.