New Uniforms?

ThePackageDeli

The uniforms were redesigned about 3 years ago for the first time in decades. There's no new design coming. You've had the new polos for a while, right? All new jacket line and everything
I'm talking about yet another redesign coming soon in '23 or '24. Manager's talking about it at PCM

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'm talking about yet another redesign coming soon in '23 or '24. Manager's talking about it at PCM
Looks like they redesigned the diad pouch again….
1695228473618.jpeg

JL 0513

What we need is a pen slot on the DIAD pouch. I've just used the front pocket of the pouch to hold notices and pen but the pen isn't secure. The old shirts had the slot, but now there's no good place to hold it.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
She works at my center. Customers are pissed when I cover her route.
We never had anyone who looked like that when I started driving but now days I’ve seen some pretty ladies driving around now and then…at least good looking for ups standards.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You mean the pocket that won’t hold a phone will be smaller??
Exactly! Like the Diad that will not work in the wet weather, or trucks that beep so much you waste time trying to override the beeping, these clowns have no clue about functional design.

You would think they would get some driver feedback way before putting out new uniforms? Maybe not eliminate the two pockets and maybe not shrink pocket size so it becomes a non-functional design?

It would take a driver about 30 seconds to tell any designer what is wrong with the uniform but asking the people that have to use it daily is the last thing they would ever do.

oldngray

nowhere special
Exactly! Like the Diad that will not work in the wet weather, or trucks that beep so much you waste time trying to override the beeping, these clowns have no clue about functional design.

You would think they would get some driver feedback way before putting out new uniforms? Maybe not eliminate the two pockets and maybe not shrink pocket size so it becomes a non-functional design?

It would take a driver about 30 seconds to tell any designer what is wrong with the uniform but asking the people that have to use it daily is the last thing they would ever do.
The geeks sitting in an office staring at a computer screen know more than people that have experience doing the job.

Didn't you get the memo?