Ground driver in uniform

bacha29

Saw my first Ground driver in a complete uniform,who pays for this?
The contractor only has one complete uniform. The guy you saw? It was his day to wear the uniform. Another guy will get his turn to wear it tomorrow. it's made from the same material as Yorkie's Nazi uniform in JoJo Rabbit .

BoxDriver

I wore a full FedEx uniform every day for all the years I delivered for Ground. All depends on who your contractor is and how much pressure the terminal manager puts on them about uniforms.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I wore a full FedEx uniform every day for all the years I delivered for Ground. All depends on who your contractor is and how much pressure the terminal manager puts on them about uniforms.
Did you ever tuck your shirt in?
Never seen a ground driver with his shirt tucked (usually wearing dirty denim shorts)

BoxDriver

How long were you a Ground driver and what was the average seniority where you were.
14-15 years. I started with HD, and switched to a Ground route before they combined. Part of my Ground route was doing the daily Ground pickup at Express, so I had a pretty good idea what it was like there. I saw all the skipped raises and increased benefits costs so it really never made sense for me to switch, even though they asked me repeatedly to think about it.

Seniority wise I guess it depends on what you’re asking about. Did I see a lot of people there from when I started? Some, but not many. Those that were still there were mostly either drivers that moved up to BC or becoming contractors themselves. There were also 2 additional Ground terminals built in our area that many routes were moved to, so I don’t know how many long term drivers that went to them stayed or left. Overall though I pretty much only paid attention to the group of people employed the same contractor I worked for.