New Ups'er

edg3h

Ups'er
Names Edgar

Well today will be exactly one week since i started Ups.
I am a Package Handler and so far is been great i love physical work and labor and really don't see it too bad.. Kinda like Getting Paid to Workout.

Any Tips? Things i should know?

jennie

Names Edgar

Well today will be exactly one week since i started Ups.
I am a Package Handler and so far is been great i love physical work and labor and really don't see it too bad.. Kinda like Getting Paid to Workout.

Any Tips? Things i should know?

Heya Welcome to UPS! My only tip is make your 30 days without being out, and you will be noticed:peaceful:

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
Welcome. Try to get your 30 days without incident, learn the methods and use them. Work safely and as directed. Good luck.

edg3h

Ups'er
Will do thanks. Yesterday our hub had a meeting. Optional.. I said forget it.. Lol

and When i arrived @ work i had a certificate and a Employee of the month shirt waiting for me =)

I like the job.. its hard work but i love how active it is and it truly is a awesome workout lol, but i truly have been given it my all.

fethrs

Hey, congrats on the Employee of the month, not bad for a rookie. You've been noticed which is good and bad, don't let them use and abuse you.

jennie

Will do thanks. Yesterday our hub had a meeting. Optional.. I said forget it.. Lol

and When i arrived @ work i had a certificate and a Employee of the month shirt waiting for me =)

I like the job.. its hard work but i love how active it is and it truly is a awesome workout lol, but i truly have been given it my all.

WOOTY WOOT! for you:peaceful: Thats a great feeling, so happy for you.

edg3h

Ups'er
Yea Some other employees were giving me a look. One of them was saying how full of crap the award was and that i had only been there for like a two weeks and a half. The Sup tells me that since day one i was way over the requirement of packages for sec and Quote" i showed that i gave it my all".

I noticed i am put alone more then others and some seem to walk around mindlessly doing nothing when my belt gets backed up. One guy showed up and sat that down with me as i waited for the sorters to catch up..

i asked him were you assigned here he said yea, i gave him the benefit of the doubt and i forgot to ask the sup later.. I would n't want him to just show up and take my half of praise that my truck is getting done quickly as he wasn't part of it =(

is being taken advantage of really so common as a package handler?

Notcool

Don't mean to rain on your parade. Most hard working new ones bust their butt and love their job but after UPS screws up your check, messes up your vacation and learn all the lies and BS that is pulled your attitude will change. Its a job with great benefits but the weekly pay check doesn't equal the amount of work you put in. I will get bashed by others probably for this post. You'll learn your just a number and the harder you work the harder they will push

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Don't mean to rain on your parade. Most hard working new ones bust their butt and love their job but after UPS screws up your check, messes up your vacation and learn all the lies and BS that is pulled your attitude will change. Its a job with great benefits but the weekly pay check doesn't equal the amount of work you put in. I will get bashed by others probably for this post. You'll learn your just a number and the harder you work the harder they will push

For the most part what you say is correct, but you will find that, if you stick around long enough, the weekly paycheck will more than equal the amount of work you put in. My take home last week was just under $1K. and it was one of the easiest weeks I've had in a long time.

Sounds like your doing a great job! Just remember to keep ur labels up and watch package handling! lol
Also, keep in mind that your job title isn't "backing up the sorter"