new upser

i-man

Hi, im new here and need some advice. I was hired as a seasonal package handler and my supervisor liked my work so hr said they would keep me on the books. I worked a little in january and told me I might not work so much, I understand this. I was just glad to be on. Now im told im terminated until I go through the hiring process again. They said it would be soon. Im kind of confused. What does this all mean? My supervisor said its not his doing and that im on top of his list and to keep hangin on, because he likes all my hard work. any advice would help. Also, if I was called back in january doesn't that mean I make senoirity?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Welcome, and good luck. I thought if you got called back in January, you were in. I thought the free period was over, December 31st.
Maybe someone in your area would know more. Did you get to know any people while you were there, who may know the rules in your locality?
If you know your local # post that, might help with answers.

i-man

Thanks for replying, I don't know the local # and didnt get to know anybody really. Should I call the hr rep to find out whats going on?

siredline09

I-man, Simple they don't need you. You were Hired as a seasonal HELPER thats it, thanks to you guys I was laid off for the holidays.

i-man

Sorry to hear that, Im a firm believer in senoirity. If you have more than you should get to work. Im just a new guy trying to establish a permanent job. I was told that I was kept on but might frequently be laid off. Im ok with that. But why keep me on just to terminate me? They also said they might be calling me soon. Whats up with that?

over9five

Staff member
INHO, they are keeping you hanging. That way you'll be there if some day they do need you. Costs them nothing to keep telling you "we may call you back".
You could be hanging a long, long time.