New Video! Cameras Everywhere!

DriverNerd

Awesome video. We can all agree that cameras are everywhere now. I had one customer answered his ring door bell (for a package of wine) and he said he was in the bathroom and couldn't come out at the moment so asked me if I could just leave it. I called his bluff and I said "oh, I'm sorry to bother you, do you want me to swing by again in 20 minutes of so?" He said no, can't you just leave it? Man, just like you don't want me to lie, I won't ever respect that customer again for lying to me. You're not home, you're not home - just say so. Don't ever leave a signature required box, especially an adult signature required box (because you can't pre-sign for them online) without making sure an adult is physically present to accept it.

Also, props to Hector and Greg who take their time to be on your videos so often.

RoswellHub

Awesome video. We can all agree that cameras are everywhere now. I had one customer answered his ring door bell (for a package of wine) and he said he was in the bathroom and couldn't come out at the moment so asked me if I could just leave it. I called his bluff and I said "oh, I'm sorry to bother you, do you want me to swing by again in 20 minutes of so?" He said no, can't you just leave it? Man, just like you don't want me to lie, I won't ever respect that customer again for lying to me. You're not home, you're not home - just say so. Don't ever leave a signature required box, especially an adult signature required box (because you can't pre-sign for them online) without making sure an adult is physically present to accept it.

Also, props to Hector and Greg who take their time to be on your videos so often.
So funny you say that. I had a customer do the same thing saying he was in the bathroom. I just said it's fine I can wait and he said nevermind just come back tomorrow

Where's your dramatic opening?
Thanks again for another good video
Like I tell all of my coworkers, expect to be photographed from the time you walk into the building and until you punch out and everywhere in between that.

And far as the in-cab cameras I believe the company about as much as usual telling the truth about them.....

Last edited:

RoswellHub

Like I tell all of my coworkers, expect to be photographed from the time you walk into the building and until you punch out and everywhere in between that.

And far as the in-cab cameras I believe the company about as much as usual telling the truth about them.....
Haha last weeks opening should cover me for a month

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
@RoswellHub

Ya know.... if you keep putting these good quality videos out every Sunday morning, the members

are going to expect it. (don't be late) ;)

Good subject matter.

@2:30 - You mention a driver scanning an info notice without making an attempt. For years.... OnCarSupes would tell

drivers "just scan a delivery notice, so it won't come up on a report". For whatever reason. (ie: dog, road closed, etc)

I lost a guy at Panel for doing that. Manager went into his truck and found them in the trash.

@9:00 - Hector is spot on about reporting any accident, no matter how small. The company changed their

terminology to calling it a "crash" in an effort to intimidate drivers. Don't fall for it. It's an accident.

Sometimes just for fun (when a driver was getting their 25yr safe driving award) I'll shake their hand and say

"Congratulations.. for never reporting an accident in 25 years and not getting caught."

We know who they are.

@13:00 - Greg talks about the prevalence of video cameras.

Don't engage UPS customers in verbal disputes. They are not "your" customers. You have no obligation to them.

"What's your name ?".... UPS.

-Bug-

RoswellHub

@RoswellHub

Ya know.... if you keep putting these good quality videos out every Sunday morning, the members

are going to expect it. (don't be late) ;)

Good subject matter.

@2:30 - You mention a driver scanning an info notice without making an attempt. For years.... OnCarSupes would tell

drivers "just scan a delivery notice, so it won't come up on a report". For whatever reason. (ie: dog, road closed, etc)

I lost a guy at Panel for doing that. Manager went into his truck and found them in the trash.

@9:00 - Hector is spot on about reporting any accident, no matter how small. The company changed their

terminology to calling it a "crash" in an effort to intimidate drivers. Don't fall for it. It's an accident.

Sometimes just for fun (when a driver was getting their 25yr safe driving award) I'll shake their hand and say

"Congratulations.. for never reporting an accident in 25 years and not getting caught."

We know who they are.

@13:00 - Greg talks about the prevalence of video cameras.

Don't engage UPS customers in verbal disputes. They are not "your" customers. You have no obligation to them.

"What's your name ?".... UPS.

-Bug-
Great advice! Thank you! I try to release them every Sunday! Who knows when I will take a break haha.....

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.

Myodb

Cowboy Mac

So funny you say that. I had a customer do the same thing saying he was in the bathroom. I just said it's fine I can wait and he said nevermind just come back tomorrow
That’s why I always ignore doorbell cameras. Every single time I’ve been talked to through a doorbell cam, it’s a customer trying to get me to DR a signature required package. Also their reaction is priceless. “Hello? Hello? Can you hear me? Hello? $#*+%!!!” And I keep a straight face the whole time, don’t start smiling until you turn around and walk away.