New Video! Contract FAQ

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Pennsylvania- well it did. Used to run into a feeder driver that had a 4/10 run. Mon,Tues,Thurs,Fri. Crap schedule but he loved having a day in middle of the week to do "errands". As I said- doesn't happen much. Heck- that might have been the only one in the country. Sorry. (I'm pretty sure you won't believe me).

Maybe it was bid that way ? Or, the supplement and Local practices allow it ?

542thruNthru

Maybe it was bid that way ? Or, the supplement and Local practices allow it ?

Yes but you just said it doesn't happen. It does. I don't care either way. I'm focusing on not hurting anybody's feelings around here. It will take a lot of work...

It can differ in feeders.... Ok ?

When have you ever said anything.... that hurt someones feelings ?

Except talking trash about your Local ?

I’ve never heard of that myself although I thought we were talking about package car not feeders that already works seven days a week 24/7

Talking truth...
Do you guys negotiate "feeder work rules"? I know in the Southwest each local bids their own feeder work rules.

Pullman Brown

Pennsylvania- well it did. Used to run into a feeder driver that had a 4/10 run. Mon,Tues,Thurs,Fri. Crap schedule but he loved having a day in middle of the week to do "errands". As I said- doesn't happen much. Heck- that might have been the only one in the country. Sorry. (I'm pretty sure you won't believe me).

I know a few feeder runs like that in n my building.

AKCoverMan

Please tell me the Union isn’t going to go for work week flexibility?
There is no way to avoid it. There is a demand for six and seven day a week service, to turn it away would simply cost us Teamster jobs. Mind you I’m not saying individuals have to work six or seven days a week but Saturday and Sunday as scheduled days off is going to become something bid by seniority same as it is in any 7 day a week transportation operation.

Pullman Brown

There is no way to avoid it. There is a demand for six and seven day a week service, to turn it away would simply cost us Teamster jobs. Mind you I’m not saying individuals have to work six or seven days a week but Saturday and Sunday as scheduled days off is going to become something bid by seniority same as it is in any 7 day a week transportation operation.

I agree. But you still need strong master level language preventing them from abusing the six punch. Like, no driver can be disciplined for calling out on their day off. FYI, what I meant by flexibility was non -consecutive work days.