New Video! "HOT" Topics!

DriverNerd

I find the new trucks with the dual fans do an adequate job cooling the driver in the cab. We don't have it that bad in Minnesota, but when it does hit 100 in the summer the back is terrible. I can't imagine in the south what it's like back there when it's already 90 at 7am. Maybe AC in the back isn't the answer, but roof vents in the new trucks certainly aren't good enough to clear the trapped heat in the back either.

rod

Retired 22 years
Playing Devils Advocate here----half the drivers (probably more) would forget to shut the vents if it rained resulting in many wet (damaged) packages. Any thoughts about that?

If you are that hot shave that ugly beard, slow down and bring water with you. Its not rocket science.

AccidentProne

half the drivers (probably more) would forget to shut the vents if it rained resulting in many wet (damaged) packages.
If its raining, they are going to deliver the packages in the rain, so the packages will get wet anyways. If the product gets damaged by the rain, then it's packed poorly by the manufacture.

rod

Retired 22 years
If its raining, they are going to deliver the packages in the rain, so the packages will get wet anyways. If the product gets damaged by the rain, then it's packed poorly by the manufacture.
You don't use weather bags anymore? The company has really gone down the hill hasn't it.

nWo

8c6.jpg

DriverNerd

Is it hotter in the back of a package truck or a trailer?
Most semi trailer floors are wood so that helps, but it all depends on where the trailer is coming from and how long it's been baking in the heat. Back when I unloaded it was unbearable to do those southern city trailers. Those from Canada were never that bad.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Sometimes now, when the temps are soaring, when a pkg car drives by in front of the house, I get up from the Lazy Boy and make sure the thermostat is on 72. When it is, I tap the blue button on the Keurig and get another cup of hot coffee. It just doesn't taste right when it's 73 in the house.