New video! OJS Rides are on the Rise!

R1wonder

On top of all the bs my ride was before bids . I bid off and took a dif run . Went from a rural run in a 600 to a commercial run with 25 pickups. But the manager still wrote article 7 after article 7 based on performance.. not meeting standards of a completely dif area 🤦🏼‍♂️ I just love this place

YourMissingCallTag

Pure intimidation tactic from management. center manager this morning hit me with the Article 7/ working termination notice this morning for not meeting my OJS sphor last week. Couldn’t fill out my grievance paperwork fast enough…….

Thebrownblob

They can and they will.
They can discipline for anything if they want, the question is, will it stick if you file the appropriate grievance? I’ve been through dealing with the three day “lock in ride” situation several times and it has never stuck. Usually the whole thing just gets mothballed and disappears.

They can discipline for anything if they want, the question is, will it stick if you file the appropriate grievance? I’ve been through dealing with the three day “lock in ride” situation several times and it has never stuck. Usually the whole thing just gets mothballed and disappears.
this is why I've always hated DMs, they love the whole lock in ride racket despite it being pure theater

from an IE point of view, it directly conflicts with the contract so why bother, just drop them, lower ORS staffing, save money and focus on dispatch or negotiating lower wages by pointing to the drop in harassment from not doing rides

shape the work, not the people; once people get initial training you basically get what you get, thinking you can tweak people later is pure control freak fantasy

Thebrownblob

this is why I've always hated DMs, they love the whole lock in ride racket despite it being pure theater

from an IE point of view, it directly conflicts with the contract so why bother, just drop them, lower ORS staffing, save money and focus on dispatch or negotiating lower wages by pointing to the drop in harassment from not doing rides

shape the work, not the people; once people get initial training you basically get what you get, thinking you can tweak people later is pure control freak fantasy
I agree with you and usually they do end up shaping the work, but after a lot of wasted time and energy. You are correct it is pure theater for nothing more than intimidation.

Honestly, I don’t believe any of it is necessary because I do believe if it’s done correctly. The methods and the processes at UPS tend to weed out people who cannot do this job on its own.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Pure intimidation tactic from management. center manager this morning hit me with the Article 7/ working termination notice this morning for not meeting my OJS sphor last week. Couldn’t fill out my grievance paperwork fast enough…….
What was different during the ojs that allowed for the higher sphor? Did they move work off you or pickups?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
When they are moving work and messing with the load, then after the ride moving things back you know the whole thing is a scam.

CHEMA-DELMA

When it slows down they have to cut cut cut!. Ride your asses until you get it right!
Nice to be on the other side now, miss some of the people but none of the B.S.

tourists24

I was at UPS for 33 years and saw only one termination stick over production; and that case ended up going on to be a lawsuit in court in addition to the panel result. This guy truly was doing things that didn't help his case. Also, they probably did 30 rides leading up to his case. Every instance he would run a 3.5 Sporh/hr more than all the rides. One case in all those years stuck.

Commercial Inside Release

thinking you can tweak people later is pure control freak fantasy
Oh I don't know... I think they warp the minds of tons of drivers, turning them into "type B" personalities over time, that will jump through hoops just to avoid the harassment.

Just like they do at home, to survive their *itchy wives and bratty kids they hardly ever see.

YourMissingCallTag

What was different during the ojs that allowed for the higher sphor? Did they move work off you or pickups?
Route is a rural route, all residentials with a couple of business stops. Big difference was 3 days with an unclogged truck. Discipline was handed down when my sphor was .2 and .4 under. Truck looked like this 2 days last week, still can’t understand how my sphor dropped 🤡🤡🤡

Attachments

• D4BE3F68-5253-4A7A-9B71-5872B4F1D53A.jpeg
    D4BE3F68-5253-4A7A-9B71-5872B4F1D53A.jpeg
    342.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 6F8EA798-84AA-401C-81C3-8698F903FD01.jpeg
    6F8EA798-84AA-401C-81C3-8698F903FD01.jpeg
    396.5 KB · Views: 14

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
Route is a rural route, all residentials with a couple of business stops. Big difference was 3 days with an unclogged truck. Discipline was handed down when my sphor was .2 and .4 under. Truck looked like this 2 days last week, still can’t understand how my sphor dropped 🤡🤡🤡
looks like a brand new truck …please be thankful
🧔‍♂️✊

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
No two days are ever alike. A few air here, bulk there, signature required, etc, all change things.

Management sometimes decides "this guy is screwing me", and that preconceived notion is in their head. All you can do is CYA knowing that.