New Video! Union Activist gets Terminated

pkgdriver

Seems like he made a TikTok video mocking the supervisor that fired him. And that supervisor successfully used that video to prove the fired driver was harassing him.
Wow @Shift Inhibit got a mention.🏆

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
This dude got himself in a jam. "Union activity" on his part has nothing to do with that fact.

Wally

Funny, but the Shoestring article totally avoids what he actually did to get himself fired? Was he stealing time or not?

pkgdriver

E868EFF9-8AB6-4E53-B7C5-C7407059459A.png

Funny, but the Shoestring article totally avoids what he actually did to get himself fired? Was he stealing time or not?
It seems like he was cleared of those charges by a national arbitrator and reinstated.

He stated on his first day back after the arbitrators ruling, he was terminated again. Perhaps for the harassing behaviors described by the jusdges ruling? That part isn’t to clear.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I’d love to hear what members, particularly stewards think of this. Is there a point where a member can push management too hard? When does it become a detriment to the entire work environment? Or does it make someone the best union activist on their side of the Mississippi? Such a fine line. This job we have isn’t a pushover, but this guy is sitting home still.

I’d love to hear what members, particularly stewards think of this. Is there a point where a member can push management too hard? When does it become a detriment to the entire work environment? Or does it make someone the best union activist on their side of the Mississippi? Such a fine line. This job we have isn’t a pushover, but this guy is sitting home still.

I strongly believe that you need to stand your ground at this place. In my view standing your ground is respectable, but when that fine line is crossed, when standing your ground turns into becoming a bully, I believe that’s where it escalates and becomes detrimental. Especially if you’re rank and file. Union officials can push harder because the company can’t effectively bully them back. But they still need a working relationship.

nWo

People need to be smarter about social media. I mock management online but I do it anonymously. And I'm assuming Danny wasn't friends or whatever with management on TikTok but they still found it and used it against him.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
People need to be smarter about social media. I mock management online but I do it anonymously. And I'm assuming Danny wasn't friends or whatever with management on TikTok but they still found it and used it against him.
Correct! @RoswellHub has an excellent video on what NOT to put on Social Media.

Wally

Not saying this is him, but we all know the type that thought they were smarter than everyone else. Ended up fired and it stuck.

DOK

Funny how people choose to live, I just want to go to work and support my fam, each and every day one day closer to retirement. All this other stuff takes too much energy.