New Video! What to do with Lying Sups

Mst3k

I usually ignore half of management calls but if I’m dealing with a issue on route that needs a management decision, I will ignore them 100 percent until I get a direction over the board.

right to ODS messages is article 12

also I love the videos keep them coming please

EverybodyLovesMike

No, my name isnt mike
When supervisors (or hourlies lie for that matter) lie either in a grievance hearing or when I'm pulled aside for something and they lie, I'm always in shock at how much it occurs. You would think that I'm at least used to it by now, or even expecting it, but I am never am.

Supervisor: "This supervisor said you said or did this. Is it true?"
Not even in another dimension would I have said or done something like that

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
I have 4 years clean from UPS.
UPS is a hell of a drug lol

Looking back, I was definitely the easy target being the youngest driver in the center. I would’ve done things differently if I had the life experience I have now. What would I do today? Not put any unscanned on the belt. No special instructions. Carry the 340 methods with me at all times in my lunch box. Read it thoroughly every time there’s even a *suggestion* of being directed to work outside of the prescribed methods. Even during qualifying, although I might not have even scratched once and they let me through the packet. Maybe because I was an easy target and they wanted that

Definitely helps that on the railroad, you are required to be tested for integrity and vigilance (Good faith Challenge). Every year, they put out a “Banner” on the tracks for each crew member to see if they are paying attention. It’s FRA mandated; the banner could be a red flag, a sudden red signal, or even an actual large white banner with “STOP OBSTRUCTION AHEAD” written in huge red font.

Yardmaster (union, not management) Will always try and get you to do something stupid. “Leave that car in the foul, it’s OK”
“Don’t line in the interlocking normal after you’re done, I have another shove following”

“Insert ridiculous stupid :censored2: here“

Union conductors correct response: “No. Get a train master“
“Call trainmaster or higher authority I’m not doing it“
“No, this is Patrick. And please get a TM”

Story has it one time there was no Trainmaster available or terminal supervisor so they had the division manager of the entire northern region drive to the yard, and he shakes the conductors hand and tells him “That was a test. You passed. Good man“