New Video! Why Union Politics Suck!

quad decade guy

We have politics here also....but our main problem is racism by blacks. We never get to the true problems of our local....just racial infighting......well with certain candidates and racial groups....

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
I like how Richard Hooker talks about organizing but doesn't mention that his local only has one company, UPS. He has never organized anything and they haven't added any new companies since he became the president a few years back.

He talks about bad mouthing existing officers and how bad it looks from the outside. He did that for years when he was trying to get in office. I remember seeing facebook pages, youtube and other videos from him bad mouthing the group that was there before him. I guess he believes in "do what I say and not what I do".

Also, I noticed the video from the last convention was used. Hooker was one of the people on that short clip. He was wearing a black vest and supporting FZ and now that soemone offers him something, he switches sides. The guy is a self promoter

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I like how Richard Hooker talks about organizing but doesn't mention that his local only has one company, UPS. He has never organized anything and they haven't added any new companies since he became the president a few years back.

He talks about bad mouthing existing officers and how bad it looks from the outside. He did that for years when he was trying to get in office. I remember seeing facebook pages, youtube and other videos from him bad mouthing the group that was there before him. I guess he believes in "do what I say and not what I do".

Also, I noticed the video from the last convention was used. Hooker was one of the people on that short clip. He was wearing a black vest and supporting FZ and now that soemone offers him something, he switches sides. The guy is a self promoter
He also hired an accountant as a “janitor” since he won the election and knew nothing of running a local. Always remember, the devil you know, and the devil you don’t know might be worse.

35years

Gravy route
Can't stand the politics.
That's why I never wanted to be part that crap.

I read the contract. I advise the drivers (and stewards) And stay away from the political crap.

They say on the video it drives away members. They are right, but doubt they follow their own advice.

RoswellHub

Can't stand the politics.
That's why I never wanted to be part that crap.

I read the contract. I advise the drivers (and stewards) And stay away from the political crap.

They say on the video it drives away members. They are right, but doubt they follow their own advice.
I personally have never ran for office or have any intention too. The mudslinging is in full swing right now. I just sit on the sideline and don't pay attention to it.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I personally have never ran for office or have any intention too. The mudslinging is in full swing right now. I just sit on the sideline and don't pay attention to it.

That is a good part of the problem with our Union ... the most qualified members are on the sidelines while the knuckle draggers run the show...

There is a great disconnect between the leadership and the rank and file, this last UPS contract was just part of the elitism that is prevalent in the International. It is like they are too important or we are too stupid to be bothered with.

For the most part these candidates who pursue any office of power are some of the most insecure individuals known to man, very seldom will you see one rise above the norm. The members expect no true improvements in contract language and are never disappointed.

nWo

People were bending over backwards to justify Sean O Brien draining entire paychecks in this thread. Like I get it you want OZ to win. But let's call out BS when we see it.