new video

TooTechie

Geek in Brown

I'm actually surprised people bothered uploading this one to the internet. The driver waited forever with the dogs before tossing it.

For me personally reading the body language of the dogs I probably wouldn't have been so hesitant to get out of the truck, but the driver might know something that I don't about the dogs.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
See 2 things wrong with the delivery

1) No way should you be backing in a driveway with 2 dogs running around the truck. Just asking for a major mistake.

2) Any dog owner can see that the dog is wagging its tail in such a way, that it was being playful. Looks like it was going from side door to back door to see where the driver usually comes out. Possibly dogs have been given biscuits in the past. They dont seem aggressive.

His delivery "toss" was good but if the residents complained about it, they would get a postcard for the rest of their lives.

rod

Retired 22 years
I won't judge the driver. Toward the end of my career I very seldom got out of the truck when a dog was out. You get that way after about the 3rd trip to the doctor for a tetnus shot.

Johney

I won't judge the driver. Toward the end of my career I very seldom got out of the truck when a dog was out. You get that way after about the 3rd trip to the doctor for a tetnus shot.
I agree. There are a few guys in our center who won't get out of the truck at all if a dog is in the area.

Re-Raise

I had a dog try to bite me the other day with his tail was wagging the whole time.

It actually pissed me off more because he seemed so happy about biting me.

I'm actually surprised people bothered uploading this one to the internet. The driver waited forever with the dogs before tossing it.

For me personally reading the body language of the dogs I probably wouldn't have been so hesitant to get out of the truck, but the driver might know something that I don't about the dogs.
Was this video shot from the satellite that your center manager has??

Scoot

Those dogs are looking for biscuits. Just the same, I don't blame him one bit. I'm betting he doesn't normally deliver there and probably doesn't have any. I've been bitten 6 times. I don't take any chances anymore. It's obvious that he doesn't even want to open the door of his truck. How about you get your :censored2: out there and take the package from him instead of recording the whole thing?

Scoot

See 2 things wrong with the delivery

1) No way should you be backing in a driveway with 2 dogs running around the truck. Just asking for a major mistake.

2) Any dog owner can see that the dog is wagging its tail in such a way, that it was being playful. Looks like it was going from side door to back door to see where the driver usually comes out. Possibly dogs have been given biscuits in the past. They dont seem aggressive.

His delivery "toss" was good but if the residents complained about it, they would get a postcard for the rest of their lives.
He's likely backing into the driveway because of the dogs. Exactly what I would have done assuming I was determined to make the delivery.

I've seen playful turn into something else very quickly. You go ahead and make that determination. I'll just stay in the truck thanks.

Has anyone noticed the camera shaking, and the operator making noise? If there was someone home, why wouldn't they step out and control the dogs or receive the delivery? Looks to me as just another set up situation to get FB likes. Losers

C

chuchu

I agree. There are a few guys in our center who won't get out of the truck at all if a dog is in the area.
That's what helpers are for? :)
Those little diad boards are way too short. I miss the first ones that look like the ten commandment tablet of stone. One smack from that diad board got the dog's mind right.

Indecisi0n

I agree the dog looked friendly from it's body language. You can also see as he begins to practice tossing it the dogs head nods like he is waiting for a treat. Maybe this guy is covering and the normal driver feeds them.

Anyway the driver is an idiot for backing down that driveway. If your that scared of the dogs NI1 remark "dog" and move on.

rkctkc

Looks like someone was holding the camera up to a monitor. The pointer on screen shows it was recorded via some sort of pc and then a video taken of the playback. More than likely, no one was home at time of delivery

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It is hard to criticize the driver for backing down the driveway without knowing how far off the road the delivery point was. As was pointed out above, the driver probably backed down so that he wouldn't have to deal with the dogs, who also seemed friendly to me. No way I would have waited 2 minutes. The toss was harmless but IMO not necessary.

CharleyHustle

I've been doing this a while, which means I'm old. What I'm getting more and more leery of is getting knocked over by overzealous, poorly trained dogs. Carrying a package and walking on the ice and snow I can easily be toppled over and break something and be in just as much trouble as being bit. Two years ago a dog surprised me and knocked me over, I caught myself on my wrist and strained a tendon that while I didn't loose any work time, that sucker bothered me for over six months.

Future

Victory Ride
Holy crap that was a horrible back...!!!! Those dogs could have been pavement!! What the hell was he thinkin? Terrible on many levels!

Indecisi0n

Lol Don't make me smack you 407.

Sent from Droid 4 using Brown Cafe mobile app

Our center has a new management position: Sup Satellite

one-way-to-carry-a-satellite-dish.jpg

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
He's likely backing into the driveway because of the dogs. Exactly what I would have done assuming I was determined to make the delivery.

I've seen playful turn into something else very quickly. You go ahead and make that determination. I'll just stay in the truck thanks.
It is hard to criticize the driver for backing down the driveway without knowing how far off the road the delivery point was. As was pointed out above, the driver probably backed down so that he wouldn't have to deal with the dogs, who also seemed friendly to me. No way I would have waited 2 minutes. The toss was harmless but IMO not necessary.

If there are dogs in the yard that worry you enough to back down the driveway and throw the package

THEN YOU SHOULDN'T BE DELIVERING THERE

Tag an infonotice to the mailbox if you can, honk to get attention, and/or bring the package to the building and have customer called or postcarded
As a dog owner with an invisible fence, IF YOU KILLED MY DOG BECAUSE YOU BACKED INTO MY DRIVEWAY, I WOULD SUE YOU PERSONALLY AND THE COMPANY

Don't take the chance