new video

You missed the point.

We are taught not to go into driveways especially if factors increase the likelihood of an accident. Examples include snow, ice, 2 DOGS WALKING AROUND THE TRUCK AS YOU REVERSE, young children playing in the driveway

It's just common sense. Doesn't need to be written on a paper for you to sign[/quoteI
You missed the point.

We are taught not to go into driveways especially if factors increase the likelihood of an accident. Examples include snow, ice, 2 DOGS WALKING AROUND THE TRUCK AS YOU REVERSE, young children playing in the driveway

It's just common sense. Doesn't need to be written on a paper for you to sign

Whether I back in the end of the driveway, drive by and park in front of your door, or walk from wherever, I am a guest at the house. It's common sense that if you have dogs and are expecting a delivery, they should be leashed or behind a door/gate. The person in this video, needlessly recorded this driver when they could've walked three steps out the door and taken delivery in person. I don't think anyone considered yet that there could be a condition that was new to this driver, only he knows. I believe too many people have that I'll sue ya attitude. I believe most drivers just want to do a good job. It grates on my nerves when I see someone try to take advantage of the situation as demonstrated here. The only reason for this is to post it on the social networks for sympathy and remarks.

FilingBluesFL

If there are dogs in the yard that worry you enough to back down the driveway and throw the package

THEN YOU SHOULDN'T BE DELIVERING THERE

Tag an infonotice to the mailbox if you can, honk to get attention, and/or bring the package to the building and have customer called or postcarded

I don't know why this guy even went in to the driveway in the first place, knowing that there were dogs out, loose, and running around.

That crap would have been bagged, and left in the middle of the driveway near the "border" of were the dogs stopped.

This guy is just a dick for leaving his dogs loose, and then getting angry because someone that has a HEALTHY fear of getting bit did his best to try to make delivery. I wonder what this guy would have said if I delivered and left his package in the middle of the driveway.

It reminds me of this older couple that leave their dogs out in the yard, and they are NOT friendly. Then when you InfoNotice their mailbox for their "Wine of the Month" Signature Required delivery, because you can't get to the door, they call up screaming and yelling because we didn't knock on their front door... BECAUSE WE CAN'T GET TO THEIR DOOR. They call the OMS and yell, scream, and cuss at them. It's pathetic.

Also reminds me of this Spanish lady on the route I'm currently doing. She doesn't give one damn about her (used to be 4) 3 Chihuahua dogs that run loose in the "yard" all the time (by yard I mean everywhere except their yard, in the street, neighbors yard, etc.). But of course one got run over, and you would have thought it was her child in the road dead. If you REALLY gave a damn about those dogs to be THAT UPSET, WHY THE HELL DO YOU LET THEM RUN ALL OVER IN THE STREET IN THE FIRST PLACE. They never give a damn until something happens, then it's everyone else's fault but theirs.

jaker

trolling
In our hub now if you hit a dog no matter why you hit it they charge you with a accident

Our center manager got mad because we was hitting to many dogs , the funny part was it was all the rural routes that it was happing on and he couldn't figure out why

C

chuchu

In the company's eyes if you run over and kill a dog on private property you will be charged with an accident.

We get charged if the animal is on a leash.
I don't know why this guy even went in to the driveway in the first place, knowing that there were dogs out, loose, and running around.

That crap would have been bagged, and left in the middle of the driveway near the "border" of were the dogs stopped.

This guy is just a dick for leaving his dogs loose, and then getting angry because someone that has a HEALTHY fear of getting bit did his best to try to make delivery. I wonder what this guy would have said if I delivered and left his package in the middle of the driveway.

It reminds me of this older couple that leave their dogs out in the yard, and they are NOT friendly. Then when you InfoNotice their mailbox for their "Wine of the Month" Signature Required delivery, because you can't get to the door, they call up screaming and yelling because we didn't knock on their front door... BECAUSE WE CAN'T GET TO THEIR DOOR. They call the OMS and yell, scream, and cuss at them. It's pathetic.

Also reminds me of this Spanish lady on the route I'm currently doing. She doesn't give one damn about her (used to be 4) 3 Chihuahua dogs that run loose in the "yard" all the time (by yard I mean everywhere except their yard, in the street, neighbors yard, etc.). But of course one got run over, and you would have thought it was her child in the road dead. If you REALLY gave a damn about those dogs to be THAT UPSET, WHY THE HELL DO YOU LET THEM RUN ALL OVER IN THE STREET IN THE FIRST PLACE. They never give a damn until something happens, then it's everyone else's fault but theirs.
Most drivers feel responsible to make an attempt to deliver each customer no matter what the obstacle.
I delivered to a house the same way, backing down the drive because there were three German Shepherds loose at the front door.

If you dont know if someone is home and the lane is long you use the truck as your "tank", sounding the horn loudly.

I left the big box on the sidewalk where they couldn't miss seeing it and drove out of the lane.

It then occurred to me they could be tearing into the box so as I got to the end of the drive I looked back to make sure they werent and was greatly relieved that they weren't ripping it up.

They were taking turns "watering it". :(

rod

Retired 22 years
I had a customer who wanted their stuff left in the garage service door. They had an invisible fence and the meanest German Shepard you ever saw. The garage door was within five feet of that fence and the dog would go nuts trying to get at me but he knew he would be shocked big time if he crossed the magic line. He would get so mad he would vomit but he never crossed the line. I almost felt sorry for him but I also worried that there would be a power outage about the time I was attempting a delivery.

MAKAVELI

I had a customer who wanted their stuff left in the garage service door. They had an invisible fence and the meanest German Shepard you ever saw. The garage door was within five feet of that fence and the dog would go nuts trying to get at me but he knew he would be shocked big time if he crossed the magic line. He would get so mad he would vomit but he never crossed the line. I almost felt sorry for him but I also worried that there would be a power outage about the time I was attempting a delivery.
I have seen dogs cross those invisible fence lines when there was something they really want to get after. I don't think I would trust a big German shepherd or pitbull or Doberman, or rott to never cross.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I have seen dogs cross those invisible fence lines when there was something they really want to get after. I don't think I would trust a big German shepherd or pitbull or Doberman, or rott to never cross.
Once delivered to a house where the dog was going nuts. Thought for sure he was gonna cross. Lady said don't worry it's all the way up. It'll kill him if he crosses. Dog had ran through every other setting on the fence.

UPSBOT

When UPS Was Fun
I don't think the barking we heard was from the dogs outside. It sounded like they had a least one little yipper in the house with them.:ashamed:

brown metal coffin

It doesn't matter what the dogs body language is for me. On my route I have dogs that are bi polar and dog owners always say the same thing:

He won't bite he will probably lick you to death and in the next breath they always say "oh my he never did that before". Yeah right.

Also there are houses that have long driveways w invisible fences who I know have dogs. It's a crap shoot if they are out or not; so I back up them too. Not the best move but safest. If I'm not at least 3 seconds max from the truck with a sprint; a dog will take me down like a cheetah catching a gazelle on animal kingdom.

Squint

No more work for me!
It is hard to criticize the driver for backing down the driveway without knowing how far off the road the delivery point was. As was pointed out above, the driver probably backed down so that he wouldn't have to deal with the dogs, who also seemed friendly to me. No way I would have waited 2 minutes. The toss was harmless but IMO not necessary.

You can clearly see the telephone poles in the background indicating that the road is not very far at all.

Also, if he didn't know the dogs, how would he know that they wouldn't chew the packages to bits? My guess is he ran out of biscuits. If he were a cover driver the regular driver would more than likely leave the biscuits in the car.

Squint

No more work for me!
You missed the point.

It's just common sense. Doesn't need to be written on a paper for you to sign

Using capital letters just makes you immature.

You've probably never had a country route. Go walk off 2 or 3 1/4 mile driveways in a row and I'll bet you'll be driving down them in no time.