New Year's Resolutions?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Anyone making any New Year's Resolutions this year ??

I actually kept one that I made at the start of 2007. I resolved not to gain any weight during the 2007 holiday season from Halloween until New year's day.

So far I've stayed the same weight through these holidays. Last year I really packed on the pounds and I swore I would never do that again.

The secret was to not cook at home for the major days....no tempting leftovers to deal with. Also, I gave away any sweet treats we received for gifts. Bob took a bunch of treats to jury duty and passed them out and also to the workers at the golf course.

We've had Slim Fast shakes for all breakfasts & lunches since Oct. The chocolate powder with skim milk, a banana and ice come out as satisfying as a frappucino to me.

I guess for 2008 I resolve to continue to eliminate sugar from my diet and try to eat more veggies. The red meat will stay!!

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Bob took a bunch of treats to jury duty and passed them out and also to the workers at the golf course.

I hope "Bob" wasn't elected jury foreman, that might be construed as jury tampering.

I am proud to say I stuck to a resolution since early December 2006. I decided to cut soda out of my life. I would take a liter of pop with me just about everyday and polish it off easy. At home there would be tons of pop in cans or bottles. I just went cold turkey and haven't missed the need for any carbonated drink. (golf clap)

Channahon

I've never kept a New Year's resolution, so I don't make them.

I have however been able to drop some extra holiday pounds. I follow the South Beach Diet which worked well for me. The only resolution with that diet is no alcholic beverage for 30 days, and still working at UPS at the time, was a bit of a challenge, but both my husband and I did the diet together.

I'm one of those people who really doesn't enjoy food, just something you have to do to stay alive. But having grandkids around and snacks, now that is a problem for me.

I've never done the Slim Fast, but my hat off to you More, that is more discipline than I have.

Good health and prosperity to all in the New Year.

Sammie

I make my resolutions in October, the month I was born. Prior to that, I take a month to get revved up to what it will be so by Jan 1, I'm working it. Going cold turkey on Jan 1 just isn't in my powers. I'm starting to go back and face some failed, half-finished, five year old projects.

moreluck

golden ticket member
RESOLUTIONS THAT YOU CAN ACTUALLY .........ACCOMPLISH

10. Read less.

9. I want to gain weight. Put on at least 30 pounds.

8. Stop exercising. Waste of time.

7. Watch more TV. I've been missing some good stuff.

6. Procrastinate more.

5. Blabber. Blabber some more.

4. Start being superstitious.

3. Spend more time at work.

2. Stop bringing lunch from home: I should eat out more.

and last but not least...

1. Take up a new habit!

JustTired

free at last.......
My resolution is to retire this year. Finally......one I shouldn't have any trouble accomplishing. Hardest part will be making it to(and through) that final workday.
I will miss the people I see daily, but not the job as it is today.

UPS Lifer

My resolution is to retire this year. Finally......one I shouldn't have any trouble accomplishing. Hardest part will be making it to(and through) that final workday.
I will miss the people I see daily, but not the job as it is today.

WOW! Does that sound familiar. I actually lost sleep, the closer I came to the final day wondering what it would be like... Hope this doesn't happen to you!

All I can say is ...it is the same people you will miss that give you the warmest memories of that final day and get you through it.

Let us know what day it is so we can support you through it!!!! Congrats!

traveler

Where next? Venice
WOW! Does that sound familiar. I actually lost sleep, the closer I came to the final day wondering what it would be like... Hope this doesn't happen to you!

All I can say is ...it is the same people you will miss that give you the warmest memories of that final day and get you through it.

That is an interesting observation. I thought I was the only one out there with that feeling.. For me it was a friend, to that point I never felt he was a close friend but I sure did after that day.

HazMatMan

My resolution this year is to lose weight, so far I lost 10 pounds since Wednesday. My resolution 3 years ago was to quit smoking, Ball dropped in Times Square at midnight and I took my last drag of a cigarette on January 1st 2005 at midnight. True story folks.

JustTired

free at last.......

To be honest with you.......for the last 5 years, I got the feeling that I wouldn't know what day was going to be my last (if you know what I mean). Still could happen that way, but I have more confidence that won't be the case. Will definitely let you know when that glorious day arrives. The sooner the better!