New Years @ Time Square - Toshiba

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Hoaxster, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt I've got a rainbow butt! Staff Member

Anybody else find it ironic that the ball drops down onto the Toshiba countdown clock tower at Times Square?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2009
  2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I'm still trying to picture 1 million people crammed in to that tiny area.

Early estimates are that 4 million will be at the inauguration. Can't wrap my head around that number of people in one place at one time. I will be watching history being made from the comfort of my recliner.

3. diesel96

diesel96 New Member

For all those people, at least the Port-a Potties are still made in the USA....:poop: Or do we outsource "outhouses" also ?

4. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

I cannot fathom being around 1 million people, when its 5 degrees, late, and did I mention 5 degrees.
    Heck I dont like being around more than 10.
    The last rock concert I went in to, I got carried by the crowd. Convinced me to never go again. Crowds can be animals.

5. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

Saw that on tv, in Seattle in a nice hotel room directly across from the Space Needle. For once it was a clear night & quite a show. Best of all we did not have to sit in the traffic mess afterwards.

6. chev

chev Nightcrawler

Actually, I think you would be warm with all that body heat and being crammed together so closely. :happy-very:
    I don't think I would relish the idea either. I hate crowds too. Makes me nervous.