Newbie mistake falsifying signature

trickpony1

.....guy asked me to sign again told him nope come out within 3 mins cool dude but not worth losing my job

Like the other poster said, "don't be rude".
A simple, "I'm sorry Sir....I'm not allowed to sign." will do....don't go into details.

Good luck and remember...don't do anyone any favors.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I am also a 28 year driver who has been on the same bid route for the past 10 years.

The OP has less than 2 years in and has been covering a route for the past 8 months.
Which means you are a fiftysomething full scale driver with 7 weeks paid vacation versus a younger guy who is only halfway thru wage progression and getting 2 or 3 weeks of paid vacation per year.

Do the math on that and ask yourself who the company would rather get rid of.

soberups

It's a big company horrible receiving but me and the two guys that run it are good. Normally I go scan sign drop and call them and they come get the packages but that can take up to 10 mins. Which I want to make service for them but I can't wait 10 mins. Since I been gone for a month I have not talk to them for a month so when I scan sign and called there was no answer jump the gun on that one. Called 2 more times no answer so I rescanned the packages and left a info notice labeled the boxes ni1.
Just leave them a pad of Delivery Notices and tell them to sign the back of all of them. Scan packages, leave them on dock or by the door, peel a Notice off the pad, scan it and you are outta there. You could even still call them to let them know that their packages were ready if you felt like being a nice guy, but you aren't having to wait for 10 minutes.

WorknLateHuh

Back when i was new, i signed for someone's wine and left it in their garage after the customers begged me to do them that favor.

Mgt found out, and i got burned for it. No more favors... ever. im so lucky they didnt fire me

Rack em

Made the Podium
Back when i was new, i signed for someone's wine and left it in their garage after the customers begged me to do them that favor.

Mgt found out, and i got burned for it. No more favors... ever. im so lucky they didnt fire me
I have signed MY NAME for certain people before if they signed an info notice, but I would never sign for something like alcohol, guns, high value, medicine, etc.

Box Ox

I have signed MY NAME for certain people before if they signed an info notice, but I would never sign for something like alcohol, guns, high value, medicine, etc.

I've seen other drivers mistakenly check that they could leave signature required packages the next day with signed infonotice. Nope! You can't enter it as signed delivery notice and would have to physically scribble a signature on the board as if the customer were signing to leave it.

Nope nope nope nope nope!! Begging for a firing if the issue comes up.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I've seen other drivers mistakenly check that they could leave signature required packages the next day with signed infonotice. Nope! You can't enter it as signed delivery notice and would have to physically scribble a signature on the board as if the customer were signing to leave it.

Nope nope nope nope nope!! Begging for a firing if the issue comes up.
I know that, that's why I said I signed MY NAME...

ManInBrown

how dumb can someone be? I couldn't care less if these people get their package. And I'm a bid driver, with my own customers I deal with everyday. And I could care less. Be home or open if you want it. If you're not, it's not my problem

NI 1 NI 2 NI 3 CL 1 CL 2 CL 3
That's how much I care

I had a customer on my route one time who tips me very well at Xmas. This customer told me they weren't going to be home the following day and would be receiving a package that required a signature. He asked me if I could sign or just leave it. I almost pissed my pants I was laughing so hard. Nah buddy, not the way it works.

StoptheAct1212

Dont cut corners. Only time i ever sign this diad if i see that person wipe their nose or lick their fingers or sometimes if they are eating.. and they are in front of me. And we have that verbal communication that im sighning their name because of sanitary reasons, not fraud. Never lie..

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
One customer I set up something like this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wi...ivers-can-now-leave-packages-parked-audi/amp/

He has a huge home with surveillance cameras everywhere, so he keeps a vehicle in front of a camera in the driveway.

As soon as he gets a motion sensor activities, he can actually see me loading his parcels to the cargo area of his chosen vehicle.

As soon as I'm done, I hear that vehicle lock itself up, like it has Onstar or something similar.

Cool thing for high value items... or this customer can setup his garage to open and close remotely if the parcels are bigger, like a tv

soberups

Still, why would a driver sign their own name for a package addressed to a customer? My management team would think I was effing nuts.

Edit: And I'd probably be just as fired.
Actually...you probably wouldn't be.
Signing a customer's name is, by definition, forgery. Which is, by definition, dishonesty and considered grounds for immediate termination.
Signing your name is not forgery, therefore it is technically not dishonesty as long as you are truthful if questioned about it. It constitutes failing to follow proper methods, which (in the Western Conference at least) is not grounds for immediate termination.

soberups

Dont cut corners. Only time i ever sign this diad if i see that person wipe their nose or lick their fingers or sometimes if they are eating.. and they are in front of me. And we have that verbal communication that im sighning their name because of sanitary reasons, not fraud. Never lie..
That is considered forgery, regardless of the justification.

I have signed my own name on a handful of occasions for customers who were quadrapalegics or otherwise disabled and physically incapable of holding a stylus to sign for themselves.

Dirty hands, nose picking, eating etc are not grounds for signing for anyone, that's why I keep hand sanitizer in my package car.

Box Ox

Signing your name is not forgery, therefore it is technically not dishonesty as long as you are truthful if questioned about it. It constitutes failing to follow proper methods, which (in the Western Conference at least) is not grounds for immediate termination.

I mean, alright. You're still transferring possession of a signature required package to a location and not directly to the customer. So it is a violation of the understanding the shipper had with UPS when they sent the package as signature required or to a commercial location.

I have signed my own name on a handful of occasions for customers who were quadrapalegics or otherwise disabled and physically incapable of holding a stylus to sign for themselves.

Sure, that'd be a good exception. Good reason and the customer immediately takes possession of it.

StoptheAct1212

That is considered forgery, regardless of the justification.

Dirty hands, nose picking, eating etc are not grounds for signing for anyone, that's why I keep hand sanitizer in my package car.
Thats, u.. do what u do......... if i have verbal concent, im good

Nine5

We had a diver in our center get fired for that twice in one year..... he got his job back within a week both times..... you will be fine don't do it anymore if people want their stuff they need to be there to sign for the :censored2: