Newbie mistake falsifying signature

Brisket

I have an Amazon locker stop and my supervisor advised me to sign the board that I had dropped off the packages. I don't think I should half to put my name on the board so I just sign "driver".

Call your BA. Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Wait a sec, what do you mean 'advised' you to sign???

Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it because they are 'advising' you to do something unethical (falsifying records).

Last edited:

AutoZone

BrownPower
What I don't understand about this company is there is no real management. It's just a bunch of people who got put in a position with a little bit of authority. Not one manager that I know love actually teaches, or trains anybody. And then when you make a mistake your job is on the line. What kind of business model is that. Every other job in the world when there is a mistake you get shown The correct way to handle it. It is not expected that you know everything for every situation right out of the gate. Still dumbfounds me. I guess my management background is a tad different..

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I am also a 28 year driver who has been on the same bid route for the past 10 years.

The OP has less than 2 years in and has been covering a route for the past 8 months.

And in a bigger center, that doesn't mean anything if you constantly break the methods and falsify records like you've admitted.

You would have been walked out every time until they built a case on you that sticks at panel.

Your arrogance only works for you because you're in a very small center.

You would have been fired permanently years ago anywhere else

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I have an Amazon locker stop and my supervisor advised me to sign the board that I had dropped off the packages. I don't think I should half to put my name on the board so I just sign "driver".

What do the methods say??? I thought you knew all the methods and everything about being a driver.

I'm pretty sure that's what you told all of us.

AutoZone

BrownPower
When I was trained on a route with a Kmart recently my ocs said it's our procedure to call for receiving. So I don't think bailing would work for me.

We had a Walgreens next door and I obnoxiously rang the buzzer until the guy came back. He looked annoyed but I was out of :censored2:s to give.
That is exactly what I have to do at my Walgreens. In the beginning I was nice and just rang the buzzer once every couple minutes after the third day I was so annoyed I just steadily kept my finger on the buzzer. The lady came back and pissed off I looked at her and said what is that annoying? Yes standing here for 10 minutes is annoying as well. The next day I had to do it again. on the third day she made sure that door gets answered within one minute of my first buzz.. she understands I'm not there to wait on them now. Apparently that buzzer can be heard throughout the whole store ha ha

Orion inc.

I like turtles
That is exactly what I have to do at my Walgreens. In the beginning I was nice and just rang the buzzer once every couple minutes after the third day I was so annoyed I just steadily kept my finger on the buzzer. The lady came back and :censored2: off I looked at her and said what is that annoying? Yes standing here for 10 minutes is annoying as well. The next day I had to do it again. on the third day she made sure that door gets answered within one minute of my first buzz.. she understands I'm not there to wait on them now. Apparently that buzzer can be heard throughout the whole store ha ha

I wonder how many corporate concerns you get called on you since you've been on road.

I'm betting a lot more than you'll admit. This action right here would get the attention of our center manager and not in a good way big guy.

Drivers who have good methods and planning don't need to resort to crap like this. They "train" their customers in a more professional way

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
I wonder how many corporate concerns you get called on you since you've been on road.

I'm betting a lot more than you'll admit. This action right here would get the attention of our center manager and not in a good way big guy.

Drivers who have good methods and planning don't need to resort to crap like this. They "train" their customers in a more professional way
I agree with Orion here. There are better more professional ways to train your customers.

AutoZone

BrownPower
Call your BA. Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Wait a sec, what do you mean 'advised' you to sign???

Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it because they are 'advising' you to do something unethical (falsifying records).
Exactly. So I just put "driver." It won't let me complete the stop without a signature. And I have his text saved advising me of signing it. Just in case..

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I agree with Orion here. There are better more professional ways to train your customers.

When you're on a bid route and you have to see these people every day, being an ass all the time doesn't work.

There is a time and place for that. As a last measure.

Jakey is just an ass all the time. I'm betting his customers and fellow drivers can't stand him.

AutoZone

BrownPower

It only took 2 days. They're trained now. :) thank you. Like I said. They answer in less then a minute now.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Exactly. So I just put "driver." It won't let me complete the stop without a signature. And I have his text saved advising me of signing it. Just in case..
Congratulations you just falsifyed records and a signature.

Text or not, they can still fire you for it.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
It only took 2 days. They're trained now. :) thank you. Like I said. They answer in less then a minute now.

And they probably think you're the biggest ass ever and if you screw up something they'll call in on you in a heartbeat.

TCD like you that's how you get DQed big guy

moldsporh

How difficult is it to bring the box back the next day? After the 3rd try, give it to the clerk.

Are the reprocussions really worth it? Imagine how easy it would have been to put the box back on the shelf with a service cross....you had to walk back to the package car anyway right??

Now you have to worry about where your next paycheck is coming from. I assume the consignee of the package is providing you with equal compensation of your 5 day work week correct??

I feel for the OP, but how many times do we hear about drivers signing for packaging for one or 2 reasons....

They don't want to re-deliver another day, or they know the recipients?

Ask yourself this......will the recipient pay you when you're not working....including healthcare and benefits?

Faceplanted

That is exactly what I have to do at my Walgreens. In the beginning I was nice and just rang the buzzer once every couple minutes after the third day I was so annoyed I just steadily kept my finger on the buzzer. The lady came back and :censored2: off I looked at her and said what is that annoying? Yes standing here for 10 minutes is annoying as well. The next day I had to do it again. on the third day she made sure that door gets answered within one minute of my first buzz.. she understands I'm not there to wait on them now. Apparently that buzzer can be heard throughout the whole store ha ha
Your walgreens? Lol u don't got a bid route, your not full time. It's not your Walgreens

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
I thought you were the know it all big time driver.

Oh you're not? Oh you don't know what you're doing?

We are all shocked

1f3565e1fd5df3a7babbee45736e9787.jpg

moldsporh

For those of you that don't get it, because I'm pretty sure there will be someone else signing for packages....

Why do you think UPS will pat you on the back for getting the pkg delivered that day by signing for it? Will you be the hero? You may think they are astounded by your performance, but those same people will walk you out as soon as they catch wind of it.

Next time anyone thinks they are saving ANYTHING by signing for a box, think about your home life, family, then ponder the thought if that customer needs their parcel that day over your personal life needs.

Momeyman1

So I didn't lose my job and they haven't said anything else about since Friday not sure what that means but I am on the straight street. I was on that same route today guy asked me to sign again told him nope come out within 3 mins cool dude but not worth losing my job

Brisket

So I didn't lose my job and they haven't said anything else about since Friday not sure what that means but I am on the straight street. I was on that same route today guy asked me to sign again told him nope come out within 3 mins cool dude but not worth losing my job

Exactly, you don't wanna be rude about it, but you aren't gonna flush your bread and butter down the toilet just because that customer wanted you to sign.