Newbie mistake falsifying signature

Momeyman1

so I pretty new to ups about two years. I love my job and the route I have been doing for about 8 months since the original driver retired. About a month ago I got hurt was out for a month. Friday first day back I was back on the route heavy ass business about 76 stops 40 pick ups that's just business. So I am very close with most of the customers and they ask me to sign for them I know I know that's not policy. So I went and delivered called the customer no answer and went back to the stop rescanned and tagged the door. He usually answers I called three times he didn't answer so rescanned the packed ni1 but had already signed for it and didn't void out first stop. Now I'm being fired or discharged not sure which one. I admitted my mistake and told them I was trying to fix it. Not sure what to do I'm not a problem employee don't have a attendance problem. Love my job not sure what steps I should take next

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
so I pretty new to ups about two years. I love my job and the route I have been doing for about 8 months since the original driver retired. About a month ago I got hurt was out for a month. Friday first day back I was back on the route heavy ass business about 76 stops 40 pick ups that's just business. So I am very close with most of the customers and they ask me to sign for them I know I know that's not policy. So I went and delivered called the customer no answer and went back to the stop rescanned and tagged the door. He usually answers I called three times he didn't answer so rescanned the packed ni1 but had already signed for it and didn't void out first stop. Now I'm being fired or discharged not sure which one. I admitted my mistake and told them I was trying to fix it. Not sure what to do I'm not a problem employee don't have a attendance problem. Love my job not sure what steps I should take next
Smh...how many times have you been told NEVER to do that. You knew if you were caught you would be fired. It was only a matter of time.... you will probably get your job back. Hope u learned your lesson. You will probably be out 2 months.... never do that again. And stop doing the other stuff you know your not suppose to be doing .......

rod

Retired 22 years
That brings back memories. Same mistake got me fired one time only I didn't try to correct it. I just flat out signed a customers name. I was already looking for another job when the center manager called me 3 days later and asked if I had learned my lesson. Yes master.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

If you are this close with the customer ask them to write you a letter saying how much they like you and that you were doing as they asked.

ManInBrown

NEVER SIGN THE DIAD. I don't care if it's a package for your mother.

If you're lucky enough to get your job back, stop being a runner gunner. Do the job the right way, which includes NOT SIGNING THE DIAD UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.