Newbies please read

atatbl

alot of punctuation and spelling comments but not much on post lol

It's a great post. But the "hard hitters" of this forum will have to come in here first. You see...... this is the process. Liking/disliking management, issues with time allowances and dispatch expectations is a touchy subject to a lot of people. Almost like asking "who are you going to vote for." So the process here will go like this:

1. A management poster will come in and defend their position.
2. A staunch union supporter (many here) will come in and throw a grenade of a comment. Something equivalent to "UPS management is the devil."
3. These two posters will then gain supporters as they bicker... I mean debate... back and forth (more will side with union than with Tieguy, but that is norm).
4. The discussion will spiral out of control, but not about random things. Quite the opposite actually. They will use very specific, yet fictitious and exaggerated, scenarios to defend their points and your post will be forgotten.
5. UNTIL.... and this is big..... one of the sides is clearly losing and it reverts back because they will have to say "well that is not what backinbrown posted. He said this was the situation.... blah blah blah."

tourists24

B in B,,, I think you did a pretty good job with your opening message... not a whole lot of response is needed

B in B

"Youse".....sounds like a thug from Joisey. (like ,you guys)
This kind of reminds me of the movie My Cousin Vinny when he was in the courtroom and said " the 2 yutes"... the judge said "the 2 what?" lol "What's a yute?"

backinbrown

respect my authority
Bring on the battle im ready to defend my fellow teamsters and am hoping that people who read this take there newbies under there wings and look out for them and get them to the meetings who is going to vote next contract we need to get the newbies now there is a trend of not really caring bout union happening and we need to turn it around. We all lose in the end if we dont.

Sad thing there are senior drivers that have lost interest in my center, only want the union when they mess up. Not a big turn out at meetings newbies here there comments. How can we get more support if we all dont stand strong together,

over9five

Staff member
Bring on the battle [-]im[/-] I'm ready to defend my fellow Teamsters and am hoping that people who read this take [-]there[/-] their newbies under [-]there[/-] their wings and look out for them and get them to the meetings. Who is going to vote next contract ?We need to get the newbies now, there is a trend of not really caring about union happening, and we need to turn it around. We all lose in the end if we don't.

Sad thing there are senior drivers that have lost interest in my center, only want the union when they mess up. Not a big turn out at meetings newbies [-]here[/-] hear [-]there[/-] their comments. How can we get more support if we all don't stand strong together?

DS

Fenderbender
Thanks over9! You were so good at that, I nominate you for the job of master spellchecker.If you did this for every post there would be a lot less miscommunication.But, maybe you are taking your new job as moderator a bit too far,then again who am I to suggest how you youse your new powers.:student:

hyena

Bring on the battle im ready to defend my fellow teamsters and am hoping that people who read this take there newbies under there wings and look out for them and get them to the meetings who is going to vote next contract we need to get the newbies now there is a trend of not really caring bout union happening and we need to turn it around. We all lose in the end if we dont.

Sad thing there are senior drivers that have lost interest in my center, only want the union when they mess up. Not a big turn out at meetings newbies here there comments. How can we get more support if we all dont stand strong together,
I wish I had people like you at my center, Im a newbie so to speak, ive got almost 2 years in. Ive found out in the last six months why we have a union! Theyve saved me im on the defence everyday against a manager that doesnt like me cause i have tattoos. All I want to do is support my family and have a good career. I support my local 100% im about to start attending meetings when they have them in sept. I agree we have to unite and fight together to make things right!

backinbrown

respect my authority
the tattoo issue is becoming problem in new england also have seen them ask people to cover them up, good luck with that issue, also just keep doing your job use methods and don't give them a reason to come at you, talk to your steward and defiantly go to your meetings. GOOD LUCK and keep the good attitude.

hyena

the tattoo issue is becoming problem in new england also have seen them ask people to cover them up, good luck with that issue, also just keep doing your job use methods and don't give them a reason to come at you, talk to your steward and defiantly go to your meetings. GOOD LUCK and keep the good attitude.
I work at a small center 20 drivers im the only person in the building with multiple tats on my arms and wrists. Ever since i started ive worn long sleeves which i dont mind. Im dedicated to my job. Nobody at my center is really union strong. Everyone complains about them. I was told that my steward wanted to fire me cause i contacted my local president. (My steward didnt want to fight for me so I called my local pres). Im now being considered a trouble maker cause I stand up for my rights and file grievances. This really sucks because im a hard worker and I just want a carreer with UPS.If i wouldnt have filed the article 37 grievance I wouldve been fired because I stood up to these jerks! Its very sad that UPS hires people like this to be managers! I dont think its what Jim Casey wanted!

backinbrown

respect my authority
:angry::angry:THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT TO MANY PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE UNION, WHO DO THEY THINK GOT US OUR BENEFITS AND PAY, WHO IS THERE WHEN PEOPLE ARE BING TERMINATED FOR MINOR THINGS, BUT LET THOSE SAME PEOPLE GET INTO TROUBLE AND THERE THE FIRST ONES TALKING TO THE UNION, I SEE IT EVERY DAY WE HAVE ONE DRIVER CUSSES THE UNION WISHES HE DIDN'T HAVE TO BE UNION BUT AS SOON AS HIS 8 HOUR REQUEST DON'T HAPPEN HE IS RIGHT THERE CRYING TO STEWARD, SOUNDS LIKE YOUR STEWARD HAS NO BALLS, NOT GETTING PEOPLE TO SUPPORT UNION WILL EFFECT US ALL EVENTUALLY, TRY TO BID TO NEW CENTER NEXT BID MAYBE THAT WILL HELP YOU:biting::biting:WAKE UP TEAMSTERS WE NEED TO START TALKING TO MORE PEOPLE EXPLAINING WHY WE NEED THE UNION, JUST LOOK AROUND YOUR OWN CENTERS IS THERE ONE PERSON YOU CAN TEACH, WE WILL BE THE MINORITY IN YEARS TO COME WE ARE NOT UNION STRONG AT CENTERS ANYMORE.

Bryishre

ktm atv racer
If you do your job by the methods and habits they teach ya you dont need the union as you said " YOU CAN NOT BE FIRED FOR YOUR NUMBERS if you are following your methods and working safe and giving your best."