Newbies please read

tourists24

If you do your job by the methods and habits they teach ya you dont need the union as you said " YOU CAN NOT BE FIRED FOR YOUR NUMBERS if you are following your methods and working safe and giving your best."
This is exactly BECAUSE there is a contract in place.

J

JonFrum

If you do your job by the methods and habits they teach ya you dont need the union as you said " YOU CAN NOT BE FIRED FOR YOUR NUMBERS if you are following your methods and working safe and giving your best."

tourists24 said:
This is exactly BECAUSE there is a contract in place.

Tourists24 is exactly right. If you don't have a Contract, you are an "at will" employee. Meaning you can be fired at will, almost anytime, for good reason, for inadequate reason, or for no reason at all. You are hired and fired at the employer's whim.

The only times they can't legally fire you is if they are foolish enough to state a reason that violates public policy, like racism, sexism, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, etc. Even then, you may have to sue to get your job back. Normally an employer can get around these limitations on his authority by stating an inoffensive reason for your fireing, or not stating any reason at all.

bellesotico

BOXstar
I will use my powers for good, not evil, Master. The darkside will NEVER take me!!!!

darkside-bloopydude.jpg

Leftinbuilding

alot of punctuation and spelling comments but not much on post lol

FWIW, for me, punctuality and grammar goes to credibility. Anyone can have a typo or two, but a complete post full of misspelled words, and "their" for "there" and "hear" for "here" type mistakes puts the whole post in a negative light. If you want to convince me of something, at least demonstrate average intelligence.

hyena

:angry::angry:THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT TO MANY PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE UNION, WHO DO THEY THINK GOT US OUR BENEFITS AND PAY, WHO IS THERE WHEN PEOPLE ARE BING TERMINATED FOR MINOR THINGS, BUT LET THOSE SAME PEOPLE GET INTO TROUBLE AND THERE THE FIRST ONES TALKING TO THE UNION, I SEE IT EVERY DAY WE HAVE ONE DRIVER CUSSES THE UNION WISHES HE DIDN'T HAVE TO BE UNION BUT AS SOON AS HIS 8 HOUR REQUEST DON'T HAPPEN HE IS RIGHT THERE CRYING TO STEWARD, SOUNDS LIKE YOUR STEWARD HAS NO BALLS, NOT GETTING PEOPLE TO SUPPORT UNION WILL EFFECT US ALL EVENTUALLY, TRY TO BID TO NEW CENTER NEXT BID MAYBE THAT WILL HELP YOU:biting::biting:WAKE UP TEAMSTERS WE NEED TO START TALKING TO MORE PEOPLE EXPLAINING WHY WE NEED THE UNION, JUST LOOK AROUND YOUR OWN CENTERS IS THERE ONE PERSON YOU CAN TEACH, WE WILL BE THE MINORITY IN YEARS TO COME WE ARE NOT UNION STRONG AT CENTERS ANYMORE.
Your absolutely right the best thing is to educate the new guys. When I filed my first few grievances it was all in the span of a week. I didnt know u had to cite an article. I never filled one out before. So when it came to the hearing, The management refused to hear anything cause I didnt cite articles.It was deadlocked. Had there been more education and a steward that really cared about the people, instead of taking a position to save money, things might have worked out different. People joke with me saying im the next steward all the time and maybe so. I need more education in the contract, but ill tell u what I would defend my coworkers rights without thinking twice about it. I would put them first. Thats what a good steward would do. If they thought it was worth fighting and it was legit I would stand behind them 200%. There would be no shady games!

Last edited:

Leftinbuilding

FWIW, for me, punctuality and grammar goes to credibility. Anyone can have a typo or two, but a complete post full of misspelled words, and "their" for "there" and "hear" for "here" type mistakes puts the whole post in a negative light. If you want to convince me of something, at least demonstrate average intelligence.

Now THAT is embarrassing! A rant like that, then I use "punctuality" when I meant "punctuation". My face is red. I guess I don't have much credibility with me.

Bsullivan

B and B I like this post it should stay where it is. I'm not a driver but I deal with :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:ty supervisors all the time. Most new hires don't even understand the union or they don't care. I love telling new hires that they don't have to do all these numbers, they're like "oh really? i didn't know that." Some people don't even care when supervisors are working and let them. I don't say anything to them because they come back with a wise remark so I just file a grievance.

backinbrown

respect my authority
It's to bad that punctuation is what is important to you. you must be management.
You are so blinded by your perfection that that you don't care about the issues. people like you really bother me. why don't you say what you think of the issue in the post and get over yourself center manager wanna be

backinbrown

respect my authority
B and B I like this post it should stay where it is. I'm not a driver but I deal with :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:ty supervisors all the time. Most new hires don't even understand the union or they don't care. I love telling new hires that they don't have to do all these numbers, they're like "oh really? i didn't know that." Some people don't even care when supervisors are working and let them. I don't say anything to them because they come back with a wise remark so I just file a grievance.
Thanks bsullivan file enough grievences and people will eventually listen

hyena

As a saturday Air driver are you allowed to deliver next day air or early A.M.s that are for monday on Sat. At one time I thought it was not allowed, I didnt think we were allowed to upgrade packages. I personally see this as theft because were delivering certain next day airs on sat but the people didnt pay for sat. My supervisor says were allowed, but ive learned to rarely trust what they say.

Forty6and2

I'm Broken
no it is not allowed. the customer(s) didn't pay for saturday delivery so those pkgs for monday should not be attempted until monday.

backinbrown

respect my authority
as a saturday air driver are you allowed to deliver next day air or early a.m.s that are for monday on sat. At one time i thought it was not allowed, i didnt think we were allowed to upgrade packages. I personally see this as theft because were delivering certain next day airs on sat but the people didnt pay for sat. My supervisor says were allowed, but ive learned to rarely trust what they say.

make sure you work as directed if sup wants delivered sat then you are just doing your job and working as directed