Next Day Air being held in Louisville....

danlin

So please help me out here if anyone can...Yesterday a wild meat processing plant on my route sent out 5 packages of deer meat NXDAYAIR.....2 of the boxes are way over 70lbs....The meat is shipped frozen so it won't spoil and no dry ice is involved..Today shipper tracks the pkgs and informs me of this message, "shipment has been delayed in Louisville and is being held in a controlled environment". According to the shipper its not all the packages being held but we are assuming its the o/70 packages that are not being del on time....This exact same situation happened last week with same type of shipment, (7 boxes all NXDAY and 2 or 3 o/70's)... Does anyone have any idea why the whole shipment isn't being delivered together and on time??

Indecisi0n

Deer-Enjoys-Nature-With-Some-Popcorn.gif

jaker

trolling
So please help me out here if anyone can...Yesterday a wild meat processing plant on my route sent out 5 packages of deer meat NXDAYAIR.....2 of the boxes are way over 70lbs....The meat is shipped frozen so it won't spoil and no dry ice is involved..Today shipper tracks the pkgs and informs me of this message, "shipment has been delayed in Louisville and is being held in a controlled environment". According to the shipper its not all the packages being held but we are assuming its the o/70 packages that are not being del on time....This exact same situation happened last week with same type of shipment, (7 boxes all NXDAY and 2 or 3 o/70's)... Does anyone have any idea why the whole shipment isn't being delivered together and on time??
I am guessing you work for ups and if you do you should know to refer customers to the 800 number

Because really how are we supposed to know why they are holding his pkgs

danlin

I am guessing you work for ups and if you do you should know to refer customers to the 800 number

Because really how are we supposed to know why they are holding his pkgs

Yes , I work for Ups and of course "we" don't know why they are holding his packages and that is the reason for the thread. I told the customer I would go the extra mile and put it out there on "the Cafe " to see if I could get an intelligent answer...I don't brush off good loyal customers with the " call the 800 cop out".....Also I told the customer I would probably get a bunch of lame assed remarks and jokes and you all proved me correct.....

upschuck

Since the ones being delayed are the 70+lb boxes and happened numerous times, I would say that UPS is not giving enough time to transport irregs to the correct plane, be it from late planes, or just bad scheduling of arrivals and departures.

If I am thinking correctly, I've noticed that irregs are not subject to day guarantees on ground packages, not sure about air. Don't know for sure without tracking, internal tracking gives a lot more info than the website.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Yes , I work for Ups and of course "we" don't know why they are holding his packages and that is the reason for the thread. I told the customer I would go the extra mile and put it out there on "the Cafe " to see if I could get an intelligent answer...I don't brush off good loyal customers with the " call the 800 cop out".....Also I told the customer I would probably get a bunch of lame assed remarks and jokes and you all proved me correct.....

I did mine "stag". Didn't know there would be a herd of remarks.

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
Thank you.... please come again