Next Day Air

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
This movie was originally supposed to be centered around a UPS driver. I can't imagine why UPS refused to grant the filmmakers license to use our corporate symbols...

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I assume that we're discussing Castaway, with Tom Hanks. Whatever I clicked on above was taking too long to download, so I aborted. I actually walked out of this movie, when it was at the theater. I went to see it with my soon to be wife, I got really offended by the absolute FedEx propaganda and we walked out. One day, years later, while flipping through the channels, I watched the whole thing. I hate to say it, but I love this movie, now. My 7 year old daughter and I watch it all the time. Too bad it's not a UPS movie.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I assume that we're discussing Castaway, with Tom Hanks.

No, not Castaway...probably downloading from someone's personal server.
Timing is good with the misdelivery of the brick of pot.

The slacker son of teh owner of a delivery company (Next Day Air) misdelivers a big box of coke and the receiver's open it up and sell it to a dealer and then the original real recipients find out and it goes from there.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Maybe because the last movie UPS had a role in Fever Pitch did not turn out well for all the employees involved. The mgr & sup who picked the employee to play a UPS driver were both canned, as was the employee.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I like the Castaway premise, a whole lot better. Less shoot em up and more thought drama. That's just me, I guess. Though I did hear that UPS was in the running for that movie, as well. Wonder why the link didn't open for me?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Maybe because the last movie UPS had a role in Fever Pitch did not turn out well for all the employees involved. The mgr & sup who picked the employee to play a UPS driver were both canned, as was the employee.

And the story behind that was? You knew we were gonna ask!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
the employee is currently fighting ups' charges against him in court . It's taken almost two years because of all the delaying tactics being used.

Raw

Raw Member
I assume that we're discussing Castaway, with Tom Hanks. Whatever I clicked on above was taking too long to download, so I aborted. I actually walked out of this movie, when it was at the theater. I went to see it with my soon to be wife, I got really offended by the absolute FedEx propaganda and we walked out. One day, years later, while flipping through the channels, I watched the whole thing. I hate to say it, but I love this movie, now. My 7 year old daughter and I watch it all the time. Too bad it's not a UPS movie.
Steve, your WAY too into UPS!!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I just finally got this movie preview running !!

Why would UPS want to advertise their brandname on a drug-shipping black comedy when the demographic this movie is intended for is not their primary target. No offense, but we would be bashing UPS if they had their logo in this movie.

There is a reason UPS didn't sponsor Ace Ventura, Pet Detective. They didn't want to be affiliated with a guy kicking a box down the sidewalk and hallways to his delivery. In contrast, UPS shows up in Legally Blonde as the good looking driver who comes into the beauty salon for deliveries.

I assure you, if the producers mentioned the storyline to UPS, they'd call security before they mentioned Mos Def was going to be one of the actors.

old levi's

blank space
I just finally got this movie preview running !!

Why would UPS want to advertise their brandname on a drug-shipping black comedy when the demographic this movie is intended for is not their primary target. No offense, but we would be bashing UPS if they had their logo in this movie.

There is a reason UPS didn't sponsor Ace Ventura, Pet Detective. They didn't want to be affiliated with a guy kicking a box down the sidewalk and hallways to his delivery. In contrast, UPS shows up in Legally Blonde as the good looking driver who comes into the beauty salon for deliveries.

I assure you, if the producers mentioned the storyline to UPS, they'd call security before they mentioned Mos Def was going to be one of the actors.

Well that clears it up for me.

rod

Retired 22 years
I saw a couple of minutes of Charlies Angels yesterday on HBO. In one scene a very good looking gal is dancing around in her underwear when the UPS guy (UPS logo and everything) rings the doorbell. She opens the door and he gets the biggest smile on his face. She says something like-" I've left signed delivery notices for you so you can put your stuff in my slot anytime". I kind of doubt UPS ok'd that.