NFL - Those NFL owners gonna do the right thing? LOL

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
So only the poor and oppressed should fight oppression? Is that really what you think?
no that's not what people mean when they bring it up

what they mean is the millionaires have no idea whether or not they're right, but they're using their wealth and influence to try to change society anyways

the idea that people are oppressed in America based on race is missing the point: nobody cares what your skin color is, if you actively integrate into the dominant culture

oppression in America stopped being racial and became cultural decades ago

bbsam

Staff member
no that's not what people mean when they bring it up

what they mean is the millionaires have no idea whether or not they're right, but they're using their wealth and influence to try to change society anyways

the idea that people are oppressed in America based on race is missing the point: nobody cares what your skin color is, if you actively integrate into the dominant culture

oppression in America stopped being racial and became cultural decades ago
Young American millionaire football players don't know about oppression? Exactly where do you think they come from?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Young American millionaire football players don't know about oppression? Exactly where do you think they come from?
same places as everyone else? do they have a special island with whips and chains that i don't know about?

trying to make the claim that millionaires are oppressed only makes your argument look completely out-of-touch

bbsam

Staff member
same places as everyone else? do they have a special island with whips and chains that i don't know about?

trying to make the claim that millionaires are oppressed only makes your argument look completely out-of-touch
I'm claiming that many of these millionaires in their early 20's are mere months beyond the oppression they are protesting. Suggesting that they've come from years of silver soon coddling makes your argument completely tone deaf.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I'm claiming that many of these millionaires in their early 20's are mere months beyond the oppression they are protesting. Suggesting that they've come from years of silver soon coddling makes your argument completely tone deaf.
so the solution is to ruin the one outlet they have to achieve success by making it political, not to mention a lot of them dont leave that life behind, aaron hernedez

bbsam

Staff member
so the solution is to ruin the one outlet they have to achieve success by making it political, not to mention a lot of them dont leave that life behind, aaron hernedez
I am claiming that I have put forth fact. Nothing more, nothing less.