NHL Stanley Cup playoffs

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
Now that spring is here the boys of winter are in their 2nd season(playoffs). The Pgh Pens are undefeated and on a roll. Who do you think will get to drink from Lord Stanleys Cup??

DS

Fenderbender
Get the puck outa here! Someone else likes hockey?
My best prediction would be Detroit .
My 2nd guess would be Philly
I'd really love it to come down to Dallas vs the Penguins though.
I don't know what I'll do without hockey,I guess the
playstation I got for my b'day will finally get used.
I miss watching Ovetchkin ...and on the other hand,
what a piece of work is that Sean Avery...

DS

Fenderbender
OK so obviously you yankees dont like hockey,or someone would've posted in this thread.Montreal was eliminated today
so theres no more Canuck teams in contention.I'm gunning for Dallas.

Pollocknbrown

ya my series i say will be dal and pit wit marty turco getting that monkey off his back of being a total choke in the playoffs off his back.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
Will the Pittsburgh Pens take it to the Filthadephia Flyers in the Eastern playoffs or not?? How many games will be needed??

Average at Best

Will the Pittsburgh Pens take it to the Filthadephia Flyers in the Eastern playoffs or not?? How many games will be needed??

I think the Pens have the ABILITY to sweep the Flyers - the question is, how's their confidence? It's pretty good right now, but if they lose a game or two, or if Fleury lets in a bad goal....

The one thing on our (the Pens) side is that the Flyers LOVE to beat on Crosby, and they are too slow to realize that a mad Crosby is one that scores like crazy. I'm sure once that thug Hatcher cracks another one of Sid's teeth, Crosby will score a hat trick.

My only gripe? The schedule! I have Penguin season tickets and had wanted to go out to Philly, that inhospitable city of miserable people, for a few games. Sadly, there are away games over the weekend...

Average at Best

wouldnt it be cool to see the pens vs dallas...what a series that would be

This is the problem with Bettman's regular season schedule. I never get to see the Western Conference! I don't know anything about the Stars other than a few ex-Pens play for them and that if Mike Modano's wife waves at him, he gets a penalty and the other team scores.

As a Pens fan, I want a team with a villain (or more) that I can boo relentlessly from my seat in the very last row. I would have rather had the Ducks in the final with the Pens. I was going to dress up like I was pregnant and hold up a sign that says "My baby's daddy is an undisclosed Ducks defenseman."

I'm rooting for the Pens as I have been a fan forever. I still have a Pens Jagr jersey (and I'm still a big Jagr fan). Winning the first 7 games straight was nice, but Philly scares me because they really weren't supposed to win and surprised everyone by beating the crap out of the #1 seeded Canadiens. If the Pens lose the first game then that will definitely hurt their confidence.

As for the west, Detroit and Dallas are both powerhouse teams. That series should be a battle. Hopefully there will be some OT's to add to the excitement.

DS

Fenderbender
Matt,Average,and Free,how about a little bet?
I bet you a case of creemore springs lager,that Dallas is going to win the cup.
What you got to bet?

Average at Best

Matt,Average,and Free,how about a little bet?
I bet you a case of creemore springs lager,that Dallas is going to win the cup.
What you got to bet?

I'll bet you that Dallas will NOT win the Cup. They don't have Brett Hull to kick in the series winner this time. :happy2:

I'll wager a case of Labatt Blue Light (it's pronounced "Canada", and no, I haven't.).

Average at Best

I don't work for UPS anymore. FedEx is fine with me.

If you UPS it, it'll show up with one bottle out of 6 intact. I ordered, ironically enough, a nice frame for a collectable hockey jersey. The first one, despite being packed in styrofoam and miles of bubblewrap, arrived shattered. The replacement one, which was wrapped professionally at the UPS customer counter, also arrived shattered. The third one came FedEx, in perfect shape.

DS

Fenderbender
I'll bet you that Dallas will NOT win the Cup. They don't have Brett Hull to kick in the series winner this time. :happy2:

I'll wager a case of Labatt Blue Light (it's pronounced "Canada", and no, I haven't.).
You never said who you thought WOULD win AAB...and
haven't you got anything better than blue light? UG...
gag me with a shoe horn...what else ya got?

Average at Best

You never said who you thought WOULD win AAB...and
haven't you got anything better than blue light? UG...
gag me with a shoe horn...what else ya got?

Ok, I'll wager that the Pens win it (because they are my home team) and if they do not, you can pick which case of beer you want: Natty Light, Beast, or Hurricane Ice.