NHL

klein

Für Meno :)
I want LA, they had no clue about hockey there, and the cab driver didn't even know where the hockey arena was.
What a shame !

klein

If your talking about #99, he went on to St Louis, and then NY Rangers to finish his career. Played among his former Oilers team mate "the Moose", in NY, too.

texan

New York and New Jersey.
Should be interesting.

My Flyers got flamed by them after going toe-to-toe with Pittsburg.

I am hard pressed to cheer for either.

texan

15 May 1926, on this day The New York Rangers became the newest franchise to be awarded
by the National Hockey League.

Two years later, the Rangers won their first Stanley Cup.

klein

Off topic a bit :

Hockey Worldcup in Finnland news :

Canada clinched first in their group as they won over Belarus 5:1 today.

Ovechkin and Semin have agreed to join Team Russia at the World Championship.
Do you think this will impact Team Canada's chances at Gold?

klein

Crap happens ! :(

Upset in Helsinki - Slovakia eliminates Team Canada 4-3 in the Quarter Final of the IIHF World Championship.

klein

Very impressive new downtown Hockey arena coming for the Edmonton Oilers (it looks like an Oil drop, like they have on thier jerseys ) :

oilers-arena-concept-design-handout-jpg_231929.jpg

CPT118031508_high.jpg

oilers-arena-east-on-104-handout-jpg_231929.jpg

klein

And our new Royal Museum will be built just blocks away.

An artist's rendering shows what the new Royal Alberta Museum could look like. The venue will be 36,000 square metres - double the size of the current facility.

klein

Well, the USA also lost in the quarter finals at the Worlds 3:2 and are out. No North American showdown this year around :(

P

pickup

Well, the USA also lost in the quarter finals at the Worlds 3:2 and are out. No North American showdown this year around :(

It would be great if we had one of those to sweep back and forth over the border every minute or so.

klein

Next year, Edmonton will be on that map ! (about 400 miles north of Montana - if you can point out Montana - heard most Americans don't know their own map).