Nice pay raise they give to themselves

Catatonic

Nine Lives
When I started preloaders were paid $.50/hr less then drivers and unloaders were paid $1.05/hr less then preloaders or sorters because we were all Teamsters working in a Union shop.
And then the drivers sold the part-timers down the creek just like they did the retirees.
You ain't a Brother or a Sister unless you are an actively working UPS driver ... not even the UPS Freight drivers are included.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Don't be so sure.
Why do you say that... You think a on road sup makes less than some peon driver sup at FedEx??? Maybe when you get up to the top, the cream of the crop, but for the middle and bottom feeders I would think ups probably pays more... Ya gotta, to put up with this bs day in and day out

Coldworld

60 months and counting
And then the drivers sold the part-timers down the creek just like they did the retirees.
You ain't a Brother or a Sister unless you are an actively working UPS driver ... not even the UPS Freight drivers are included.
You ain't a true brother or sista' unless you are a feeder driver... Get it right lol

MAKAVELI

Why do you say that... You think a on road sup makes less than some peon driver sup at FedEx??? Maybe when you get up to the top, the cream of the crop, but for the middle and bottom feeders I would think ups probably pays more... Ya gotta, to put up with this bs day in and day out
What does an on road sup make at UPS?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You're just a FT Package Car Donkey!
Isn't it funny how when ups people are talking it's always stated that they are "full time" driver or "part time" air driver.... So much emphasis is put on being full time or part time...I've even seen that on this site... Including with management

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Isn't it funny how when ups people are talking it's always stated that they are "full time" driver or "part time" air driver.... So much emphasis is put on being full time or part time...I've even seen that on this site... Including with management
I've noticed and it's even more noticeable at contract time.

BTW - FT Package Car Donkey is his signature ... I meant nothing by it.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm sure it's all different across the board but there are ones who make 100k...I'm sure at FedEx they aren't making that
Hardly ... maybe $80k max and they were grandfathered in under the old salary structure.
New sups will be lucky to break $65k/year not counting their stock which they can't (realistically) touch until they retire ... it's the new UPS Management retirement plan.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
One of the big reasons that drivers are not going into management is there is no take-home pay differential.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
So true. $10/hr for 3 hours a day or $9/hr for 6 hours a day. When you have bills to pay that weekly check is the whole picture.
Well hopefully everybody will slowly be getting more money thanks to cities and states raising the minimum wages....I guess it's a start and might take some time to trickle down to the southern states but its starting to happen... Maybe the union can learn something from it..

MAKAVELI

I'm sure it's all different across the board but there are ones who make 100k...I'm sure at FedEx they aren't making that
Yea I would guess our ops management isn't making 100k but some may come close in high paying markets with long tenure. I wouldn't doubt our executive management is close to UPS if not more. We are a very top heavy company when it comes to executive compensation.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
One of the big reasons that drivers are not going into management is there is no take-home pay differential.
We have had drivers go into mgt... In my experience it's the :censored2: kissers, the ones who get hurt and can't do the physical work, or ones who get fired and ups needs someone to fill a slot and a deal is cut....