NMA all Supplements and Riders get extensions!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Great news.

We can thank the members for this action today. They made this happen.

Still waiting on the details about the retirees portion of the announcement, but from preliminary reading, it sounds like the retirees will NOT have to pay the 700% increase in premiums!

Peace

TOS

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Great news.

We can thank the members for this action today. They made this happen.

Still waiting on the details about the retirees portion of the announcement, but from preliminary reading, it sounds like the retirees will NOT have to pay the 700% increase in premiums!

Peace

TOS

​A 300% increase is much better than 700%!

Namraputs

So if someone started as a Driver after August 1st, but before the new contract is in place, would it be a 3 or 4 year progression?

undies

This only seems to delay the inevitable...we are screwed no matter what. Now I can't opt in for the new 9.5 for a fee more months!!!

BrownBrokeDown

Does this mean we can't be locked out without a 30 day notice? Thank you.

It should as we will continue to work under the current contract, and UPS must give a 30 day notice to sever this agreement. They would have to sever it before they could lock us out, otherwise the Teamsters would have legal recourse.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Major win for the union in my opinion. Well, at least for the locals like 89 & 177 that sounded off like they had a pair. Those locals who foolishly passed company-friendly supplements will just have to wait a little longer for their morsels that fall from the UPS pie I guess. #SorryNotSorry

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Why all this lockout talk? No way in heck the company is going to let market share go away, especially air volume.

What other locals voted no besides 89 and 177?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

17 supplements were rejected. I would assume that most supplements govern more than one local. You may be able to find a list of the locals that voted no on tdu.org.

UPSGUY72

what if 89 strikes?

A lot of people are going to be out of a job after the strike ends when they lay off people not needed anymore because shippers jump ship.

No one is going on strike. UPS and the teamster both now this it's a lose lose situation for both sides. Bother side will work under the old contract until all the riders / supplement are worked out.. Whether it be 2 months are longer.

Delivered

Why all this lockout talk? No way in heck the company is going to let market share go away, especially air volume.

What other locals voted no besides 89 and 177?

Local 100 voted N 10-1 ratio they're covered both by Central Supplement and Ohio rider. With that kind of no vote I'm guessing they can keep the Ohio rider in the No column if they so choose