NMA all Supplements and Riders get extensions!

A

anonymous6

come august drivers will be asking bout their raises. "what happened to my raise?" won't have a glue about the extention. probably don't even know there was a vote on a new contract. pitiful.

Squint

No more work for me!
So get my seniority date by July 31st?

UPS will probably lay you off just before your seniority date and then call you back. I've seen this tactic used many times before. Somebody in your center management team will do the math and figure out that for sure.

AlwaysChafed

UPS will probably lay you off just before your seniority date and then call you back. I've seen this tactic used many times before. Somebody in your center management team will do the math and figure out that for sure.

I bet I get it in August at least. Our center is tiny, guys on feeders, summer vacations, even bounced to other centers.

govtmule

At Worldport, UPS must create 125 full-time combo jobs before the end of the current contract. UPS posted the jobs before you could bid on them a month ago. Since the IBT and UPS agreed on an extension on the current riders and supplements, UPS has decided not to offer for bidding those 125 jobs. According to the note posted yesterday, those 125 full-time jobs will become available once the new contract is ratified. There is few ways to view this move by UPS. My point of view is that the IBT with its extensions just took resources or money out of the hands of 125 part-time employees. If the current contract had expired, UPS would have allowed bidding on those by July 31. If UPS and IBT want a smooth contract resolution on the rider and supplement, holding those 125 jobs is not the way to do it.

Nimnim

The Nim
So I just had this thought cross my mind. I understand that until the supplements are passed the current NMA is the effective one, and any raises and other stuff that are going to change with the new contract are put off til the supplements are passed and everything is ratified.

My wondering thought process is what happens with the insurance if things aren't settled by Jan 1st? Our insurance won't change regardless til then, but if the NMA isn't officially ratified because of the supplements at Jan 1st does our insurance stay the same? If it stays the same will it be for another year?

I've come to terms I'll be moved out of the UPS plan, but I have to make sure my current providers will still cover me, but if the plan might be extended because of this then I have more time to make sure everything is settled on my end.

probably longer. I would guess maybe as long as 6-8 months.
The company does not want to pay us back pay. They have trouble thinking about paying 9.5 grievances. Do you think they want to pay a $226,000,000 worth of pay to us. Give or take, because that is what it will be in two to three months after August. They will sweeten the pot, and we are not talking about $1000 bonuses. If they come with that crap the members will be sitting on this for a long time.

stink219

probably longer. I would guess maybe as long as 6-8 months.
The company does not want to pay us back pay. They have trouble thinking about paying 9.5 grievances. Do you think they want to pay a $226,000,000 worth of pay to us. Give or take, because that is what it will be in two to three months. They will sweeten the pot, and we are not talking $1000 bonuses. If they come with that crap. The members will be sitting on this for a long time.
They will be paying that either way. I do think they would rather cut a back pay check. It's worth more to them in their hands then ours.