No Holiday

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
At $10/hr or now $13/hr I have never met that PT guy who thought he could live on a Union UPS PT job alone. All have FT jobs or a second or third PT jobs or run a business along with UPS. I work with them everyday on the twi and for the most part they work as hard as you or I ever did. Saying just because a Union member is PT makes him lazy is just not fair.

What about all the folks that live in moms basement you know the ones that smoke a lot of weed and kick ass on Xbox

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Give me 5 minutes with the smack talker.

266105AA-AAF7-4679-B51F-B6C666F07A1A.gif

542thruNthru

What about all the folks that live in moms basement you know the ones that smoke a lot of weed and kick ass on Xbox

Most PT work hard for their money at this job just like FT. I know FT drivers that live at home or in a flop house with 6 buddies. I also know FT drivers that use FMLA and Disability so they only have to work 500 hours a year. There're lazy friend*s on each side.

It all depends on the individual. I was PT for 9 years. I try to remember that when ever I'm doging them. Most are kidding about PT but some need to realize it's not as easy as it looks for the 15-20 min you see them working.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Blame the Supplement?

Yup, that's where your problem is.

In the Central, in a week in which there is a Holiday, your 5th day of actual work is time and a half. The Holiday basically counts as a punch.

Article 12 Central Region Supplement.

Section 8

In a scheduled workweek in which there is a paid holiday, the guaranteed workweek shall be thirty-two (32) hours; in any scheduled
workweek in which there are two (2) paid holidays, the guaranteed workweek shall be twenty-four (24) hours, etc. For hours worked in excess of thirty-two (32) or twenty-four (24) hours in a week, as applicable, an employee shall be paid at the rate of one and one-half (1 1/2) time the regular straight-time rate, provided the holiday or holidays fall within the scheduled workweek.

But a Tuesday-Saturday WOULD NOT be part of the holiday. Your work week starts the day after the holiday.

I'm also part of the Central, and this is the first time I've had a Tues-Sat job. I actually thought i had Tuesday off. But I turn my ringer off when I go to bed, so I never heard their call. Apparently, I was supposed to be a work. Turns out my week was a normal work week, except I got paid for the Monday holiday.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
But a Tuesday-Saturday WOULD NOT be part of the holiday. Your work week starts the day after the holiday.

I'm also part of the Central, and this is the first time I've had a Tues-Sat job. I actually thought i had Tuesday off. But I turn my ringer off when I go to bed, so I never heard their call. Apparently, I was supposed to be a work. Turns out my week was a normal work week, except I got paid for the Monday holiday.

Correct.

The Holiday does not fall during your scheduled work week.

In the Central, you do not get another day off, unless the Company takes Monday off for a Holiday falling on Sunday, you only get paid for the Holiday and no time and a half for your 5th day worked.

Article 12
Section 8

provided the holiday or holidays fall within the scheduled workweek.