No HR what could go wrong

Fenris

Cheryl already posted this article but I find it all too funny

“ For its part, UPS is also already “in our peak hiring mode currently,” says Dan McMackin, public relations manager. ”

Peak hiring mode? You mean we picked the worst time of the year to eliminate HR and now expect the drivers to wear another hat. At least that’s the plan
Here. We have no HR so we are gonna need you guys to go find helpers and PVDs for your areas. If not you are going to have a very bad peak.

No I won’t. I can only work so many hours and I should be getting every one of those hours before a PVD touches a package. So I suggest you get out of your cozy office and start posting some help wanted ads in the gas station or something because unless I’m getting a hefty raise to do HR job also I won’t be doing it. I will be working my 60 and going home. Laughing my ass off as you scramble to stop rolling trailers.

Are they seriously asking drivers in your center to find helpers and PVDs? I was told that the HR staffing was cut because they outsourced their hiring responsibilities and that was 75% of HRs job. Is the outsourced company that bad? I haven't heard anything specific but I did see a retired HR manager in the building the last two days.

Karma...

The current management will be working seven days a week 18 hours a day....the mip and fringe benefits will be good this swing around.....

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Cheryl already posted this article but I find it all too funny

“ For its part, UPS is also already “in our peak hiring mode currently,” says Dan McMackin, public relations manager. ”

Peak hiring mode? You mean we picked the worst time of the year to eliminate HR and now expect the drivers to wear another hat. At least that’s the plan
Here. We have no HR so we are gonna need you guys to go find helpers and PVDs for your areas. If not you are going to have a very bad peak.

No I won’t. I can only work so many hours and I should be getting every one of those hours before a PVD touches a package. So I suggest you get out of your cozy office and start posting some help wanted ads in the gas station or something because unless I’m getting a hefty raise to do HR job also I won’t be doing it. I will be working my 60 and going home. Laughing my ass off as you scramble to stop rolling trailers.

Pass out the center manager's cell phone number. "What could go wrong??"

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Are they seriously asking drivers in your center to find helpers and PVDs? I was told that the HR staffing was cut because they outsourced their hiring responsibilities and that was 75% of HRs job. Is the outsourced company that bad? I haven't heard anything specific but I did see a retired HR manager in the building the last two days.
Yes were told “find PVDs or you’re going to have a very bad peak. You’ll be working tons of hours.”