No more futuring?

jds4lunch

What the hell is YOUPS??
Last week we got a message over the DIAD stating that we were no longer allowed to use the future button. Has anyone else come across this? Or, can anyone explain why we're not allowed to future?

upsgrunt

So if someone leaves a note on their door-"gone on vacation-please deliver on this date_________", how are you suppose to sheet that?

jds4lunch

What the hell is YOUPS??
We were told not to sheet the package at all, just write on it, "futured xx/xx/xx". I think we have more pissed off drivers who can't get credit for thier stops, than we're going to have pissed off customers.

H

hseofpayne

Last week we got a message over the DIAD stating that we were no longer allowed to use the future button. Has anyone else come across this? Or, can anyone explain why we're not allowed to future?

Maybe todays stock outlook and our old Head Honcho dumping 50,000 shares has something to do with our futures!

upsgrunt

We were told not to sheet the package at all, just write on it, "futured xx/xx/xx". I think we have more pissed off drivers who can't get credit for thier stops, than we're going to have pissed off customers.

That will just show up as a missed scan, and we would get yelled at for that too.

Just Lurking

We were told not to "Future" for the next delivery day. Drivers were sheeting future to get around sheet "Closed" during 1200-1300 or "Missed" after 1700.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I had a "Not Find" box listed on my EDD last Thursday. It showed up Friday with a Service Cross that had "futured" for Friday. It was a missort for another driver the day before. It was also from Omaha Steaks.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That makes sense. I have a business that is closed on Mondays and I typically get there at 12:15-12:45. It was on the truck Monday and I thought about sheeting it as 'future.' Instead, I waited till 13:00 and did NI1.TB

There was a (long) thread regarding known closures and my feelings were expressed quite clearly (CLO HOL) but using NI1 for a business that is closed is certainly not the correct method. CLO 1 or CLO HOL would have been more appropriate.

I am on vacation so haven't heard this latest but based on what Just Lurking described I can certainly understand it. I would think that using the Future method for someone who is on vacation would still be appropriate. We were told by our district damages folks that we should use Future instead of Damaged for pkgs that we are bringing back to the center for Check Damage.

I would think more information would be needed for this latest policy change to see when it should or should not be used, but I would certainly think the proper use of Future would still be encouraged.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I see the logic, but then the company should come up with an alternative. I have places that are closed certain days and I won't lug a bunch of boxes all over the block. If they decide to close why does that become my problem. I have to be there every day. We could come up with a "scheduled closed" key or something but that has the potential to be abused. There are many of these situations where the driver has figured out a way to get the pkgs delivered. The suits only care about the few you just can't get rid of.

rod

Retired 22 years
I think it's a sad game that UPS plays to make certain people look good at the expense of another group. :sick:

Big Babooba

So if someone leaves a note on their door-"gone on vacation-please deliver on this date_________", how are you suppose to sheet that?
I haven't touched a DIAD in over a year, but is the "Other Non Delivery" arrow down, "Vacation" option still available? If I remember correctly it also prompted you for a redelivery date.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Upstate, I know your feelings on Clo1/cloH but I don't agree with the ni1. We have a business that refuses to accept at the front door but won't answer the back door. I sheet that ni1. They aren't closed and to sheet it that way would be falsifying, don't you think?

Brownmonster, That is a great idea. The clerks can exc. it as known closed, it would make sense that we could do the same thing on rte. Silly me, I forgot, the company wouldn't do anything that made sense.:biting:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Dilli, I agree with you. You are properly using NI1 in the situation that you described; however, barnyard was using NI1 for a known closure, a business that was known to be closed on that particular day (Mondays, in this case), and I don't think that using NI1 is appropriate in that case and that CLO 1 or CLO HOL would be better.

New Englander

Dilli, I agree with you. You are properly using NI1 in the situation that you described; however, barnyard was using NI1 for a known closure, a business that was known to be closed on that particular day (Mondays, in this case), and I don't think that using NI1 is appropriate in that case and that CLO 1 or CLO HOL would be better.

Lol, how is NI1 any different then CLO HOL - not on a holiday.
You amaze me sometimes.

If you get there and they are closed for one day you sheet it as CLO1. If it's between 12 and 1 do what you normally do, go back or prerecord it and sheet it after 1.

If there is a note saying they will be closed for several days - use the future till the day they open again.