No more saturday air driving!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
For me that is...after a year i am finally full-time,heck yea!

Good for you, keep us updated.

Yeah...so...

Wrong side of the couch again, upstate?

Congrats!!! Don't let any of these guys burst your balloon. The options are pretty thin out there in the working world. I wish the people who crap on UPS would just quit their jobs and go o work somewhere else.IF THE CAN FIND A JOB. Let them see what ts like to work day to day not knowing if they even have a job. Let them find out what its like to pay for their own benefits. IF they are even avalible . Let them find out what its like to work for little money. Let them find out what its like not to have a penison.
I have my days but for the most part I like my job. Its my own business.They give me the truck and packages ( yeah a lot of them sometimes ) and I go about my day.I do a good job and don't make waves they leave me alone. Bitch and moan and and they make it hard on you.
For those of you complainers out there. Quit if you don't like it. We don't need to hear your negative attitude. Be thankful you have a damn job. There are millions out there right now that would love your job!
Yeah the work sucks sometimes. But I've been on the other side in many different jobs. I know what all of that is like. I have been through two layoffs and a plant closing. I was married , a new morage and a wife that was about to have a baby when UPS called.That was 1983. I retiring this Dec. I'm 61 years old and will be 62 when get done. It was the BEST move I have ever made.
Sorry to sound like I'm standing on a soapbox but this crap gets old.
So be happy. And don't let others get you down. Its a good company. They ask a lot but we get alot. I'm proud to say I work for UPS.
Congratulations!!!

Good luck, tunes, glad you made those choices in life.

Theichii, congratulations on making full time. You are lucky in these current economic bad times. I haven't done Saturday Air in years, I remember it was easy work. I am giving up doing EAMs next Wednesday, I get to sleep normal hours again!

Sweet scratch, hope you get some rest.

spuman

Try to keep in mind that most of us here that complain do it for theraputic reasons. Sometimes we need a place to come to simply to vent our frustrations. The BC is the perfect place. It's not that we hate UPS or our job, but it's nice to have somewhere to let loose with all our frustration. It feels nice sometimes to come on here and see that the problems you have are shared. For the most part, we all grateful for the things we have.

Amen tourist24 Amen

Theichii

well i was hired jan 19th of last year as a preloader but my first official day of work was a driving school then it was 4 months on preload and then i drove for the rest of the year from may till now. Then they said a full-time slot was open and i was the highest on the list that wanted to drive. But as a TCD i was working five days a week and then drive every saturday. The overtime was nice but i'll take the bonus i run throughout the week before having to wake up on saturdays. I mean an average week will net me 6 hours of bonus.

Try to keep in mind that most of us here that complain do it for theraputic reasons. Sometimes we need a place to come to simply to vent our frustrations. The BC is the perfect place. It's not that we hate UPS or our job, but it's nice to have somewhere to let loose with all our frustration. It feels nice sometimes to come on here and see that the problems you have are shared. For the most part, we all grateful for the things we have.
Agreed and would like to add this:Tunemixer, also keep in mind that a large % of us have held jobs outside of UPS, so your rant about the great pay and insurance and all is not news to us. We all weren't born working for UPS.

tunemixer

It seem to me I hear guys bitching every day at work. I don't think we need to get a double shot of it .And if you hate your job why not go back to what you did before you worked at UPS ? I'll tell you why. Becuse that job probably doesn't exsist anymore. Or the moneyand benes aren't nearly as good. You wouldn't have quit if ithey were. Many of you clearly hate working at UPS. Don't take your bad choice out on the rest of us.Nobody forced you to apply. Don't take the wind out of a new senoirity drivers sails.
Hang em up . Quit and go some where else. Nobody has a board tied to your ass.
Sorry to sound mean but I do hear it at work EVERYDAY. and I DO tell them the same thing. We had one guy that complained everyday on the belt that one of the guys parked next to him asked to move his spot. He had a great loader and was willing to give that up just so he wouldn't have to hear this cry baby.Trust me I'm far from perfect. I have my days. But I have found out over the years that moaning and complaing just makes it worse. We all need to vent about everything in life. Especially in these times.
Maybe the site can start a vent forum. That way we stick to topics.

Last edited: