No Need To Work, Welfare Pays Better!

Box Ox

sure. you know most economists never thought we'd still be working 40 hours a week by 2020. they thought we'd have a leisure economy.
Most economists thought that, eh? Some "in the know" soothsayers also thought there'd be flying cars everywhere by now.

yea it gets boring and i my generation has worked harder to buy the same housing and college education than the previous generation
capitalist jobs are so boring anyways, the employers suck the fun out of it.
Wow, you must really be struggling with working hard and paying for things if how much fun your employer lets you have at your job is a concern for you. "Wahhhh, capitalism hasn't gotten us ball pits or selfie sticks at work! Wahhhh!" LOL

rickyb

Most economists thought that, eh? Some "in the know" soothsayers also thought there'd be flying cars everywhere by now.

Wow, you must really be struggling with working hard and paying for things if how much fun your employer lets you have at your job is a concern for you. "Wahhhh, capitalism hasn't gotten us ball pits or selfie sticks at work! Wahhhh!" LOL
am i wrong? are you allowed to listen to music while driving at ups? i dont recall it being allowed. you are spending 8 hours at a time on the job and employers act unreasonably because they are greedy.

yea so what happened to the technological progress. we landed on teh moon a long time ago, then the govt decided its not gonna fund that stuff anymore, reagan ripped the solar panels off the white house. our standards of living are lower than 1973.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Back before the states took over the welfare programs; people actually had to go to their local town offices to get their "money".
It came right out of the collected taxes.
There was no hiding who was receiving welfare.

rickyb

Back before the states took over the welfare programs; people actually had to go to their local town offices to get their "money".
the govt can print money too, it doesnt have to tax. it can borrow as well.

rod

Retired 22 years
When I got out of the Army in 71 I went on unemployment for 3 months while I partied. We had to pick up our checks AT the employment office and also had to tell them where we had applied for work. They were also good at finding you a 2 or 3 day job which done nothing but screw up your unemployment check. It was limited to 26 weeks of checks.

oldngray

nowhere special
When I got out of the Army in 71 I went on unemployment for 3 months while I partied. We had to pick up our checks AT the employment office and also had to tell them where we had applied for work. They were also good at finding you a 2 or 3 day job which done nothing but screw up your unemployment check. It was limited to 26 weeks of checks.
Here you supposedly had to look for work but pretty much ignored in reality