No paycheck, & deleted from system?

jose93209

So I've been working at the Reno/sparks hub, sorting for almost 2 years now.. No problems as of yet, sups are dicks but I guess that's common knowledge everywhere. For all last week I wasn't able to clock in (computer said invalid data) told my sup I wasn't able to clock in, she said I'll look into it. Meanwhile, throughout the whole week my name wasn't coming up on the SOR sheet and my hours weren't being validated I guess. Come Friday, I get no paycheck. I have direct deposit set up and Friday at 12:01 is when the huge part time check rolls in.
Nothing at all.

I call payroll the next morning (Friday morning) and tell her what's going on. She says my hours for the previous week are all there but nobody issued me a check, said she would "next day ship" me a green check to arrive on Saturday , said alright, because I don't give a :censored2: what she has to do but just get me money asap. Come Saturday, no check.

Oh and Friday, I tell the full timer all of the above and he said he had to add me in the system like a new hire for this whole week because I wasn't in it. And he also threw in "and you probably won't get a paycheck this next Friday either because I barely put you in the system"

I talked to a steward on Friday, told him if I don't get a paycheck on Saturday that they said I would get, it's starting the grievance and penalty process..

I love the union and all the benefits but man.. I just want my money. Has any of this ever happened to anybody?

Sorry for the essay, just frustrating working for no pay basically.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

BS, BS, BS, BS.

First of all, not all supervisors are dicks.

Secondly, you are paid this Friday for the work that you did last week, so your claim that you did not receive a check this Friday because you were unable to punch in/out all week is untrue.

Third, hourlies cannot call payroll directly.

Fourth, payroll corrections cannot be processed on Friday night and a check be at your door Saturday morning.

Fifth, I think that you have quite the future as a fiction writer.

jose93209

BS, BS, BS, BS.

Secondly, you are paid this Friday for the work that you did last week, so your claim that you did not receive a check this Friday because you were unable to punch in/out all week is untrue.

Fourth, payroll corrections cannot be processed on Friday night and a check be at your door Saturday morning.

First, you're right. Not all supervisors are dicks. You got me there.

Second, the work I did on the 15th through the 19th, was accounted for no problem. So I expected to get paid the 26th for the work I did. No paycheck. The following week, as in, the 22nd through the 26th, (last work week of you're keeping up) was not accounted for since I couldn't clock in. Sup said I would probably not get a check next week, Friday sept 2nd, since I was just added back to the system.

Third, called flow control, told them to transfer me to payroll because of me not getting a paycheck. BAM. I'm talking to payroll.

Fourth, I called them Friday morning not Friday night. And I'm just going off of what the payroll lady told me, not my imagination. She told me I would get a next day check Saturday morning, I believed her.

Fifth, I sure as hell wish this was all fiction, because I have bills to pay and no paycheck. Thanks for that though.

govols019

You smell that?
BS, BS, BS, BS.

Not all supervisors are dicks but most are.

If he's been erased from the system how would he receive a check for the previous week? They wouldn't have any information on him to be able to cut a check.

I can call the lady that is responsible for our payroll, her name is Mary.

He specifically said the he contacted payroll Friday MORNING.

I assure you that if you let them know Friday morning they CAN have a check at your door Saturday morning.

jose93209

Not all supervisors are dicks but most are.

If he's been erased from the system how would he receive a check for the previous week? They wouldn't have any information on him to be able to cut a check.

I can call the lady that is responsible for our payroll, her name is Mary.

He specifically said the he contacted payroll Friday MORNING.

I assure you that if you let them know Friday morning they CAN have a check at your door Saturday morning.

THANK YOU FOR GETTING IT. Lol.. Seriously read his reply and was like oh god.. Got some explaining to do..

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
THANK YOU FOR GETTING IT. Lol.. Seriously read his reply and was like oh god.. Got some explaining to do..

Dave is like that sometimes, I don't know why. He reads one post and assumes he knows everything about the situation afterwards. I agree with all you said except the first line about all center managers being dicks. If that were the case I wouldn't have 4 and a half years of driving under my belt. I would have instead been disqualified for having a backing accident in my first 30 days.

Anyhow speaking of the first 30 days they routinely also failed to produce a check for me. At first my checks would still come in with the twilight sort aisle checks, my previous position. But after about 2 weeks they didn't turn up anywhere. And just like you said I would complain on Friday morning, my ORS would get in contact with payroll, and that next day air green check would be there Saturday morning.

Sucks that they're messing up with your money. Like others have said, start the grievance process and make sure to hit them for penalty pay. They don't care about errors until it hits their pockets.

jose93209

The thing, I wouldn't mind if my check wouldn't come in Friday's for a few weeks but still get the check on Saturday. But I didn't get a check Saturday morning like they promised. But yes, definitely getting the grievance and penalty pay, hopefully that speeds up the process