No purple payout this month?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Bonuses when you guys are barely profitable? Sounds like you should be thankful

We are barely profitable because they give you folks at Ground what used to be our freight. Oh, and they pay you like $12 per hour and no benefits so they can provide Ground at dirt-cheap rates. Yes, we have a lot to be "thankful" for. Useful idiots would be the first thing that comes to mind.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Bonuses when you guys are barely profitable? Sounds like you should be thankful

If we're so barely profitable, where are they getting the money to be buying existing shipping companies overseas, new planes, and new trucks?

Goldilocks

because we're not really barely profitable?....

UPS announced their earnings and they were down...We are in a recession guys. Most FT'ers at my station got 300 bucks or a little more. I know its not much but what the heck, its money...

vantexan

UPS announced their earnings and they were down...We are in a recession guys. Most FT'ers at my station got 300 bucks or a little more. I know its not much but what the heck, its money...

At one percent, or .96 as FedEx2000 said, they are grossing around $60k a year? Mine was $225.

TUT

We are barely profitable because they give you folks at Ground what used to be our freight. Oh, and they pay you like $12 per hour and no benefits so they can provide Ground at dirt-cheap rates. Yes, we have a lot to be "thankful" for. Useful idiots would be the first thing that comes to mind.

Isn't the revenue mix something like 25 billion express, 6 billion ground? Just sayin... it's not like Express is puny and Ground is just massive now, it's just Ground if more profitable per dollar spent for you. It's like for every 8 or so UPS Ground packages, Fedex Ground gets one, or something along that line without busting out a calculator. I think sometimes that puts these things into some type of perspective.

TUT

Do you get this each month or is it quarterly, etc? 300 per mo. avg isn't all bad imo.

Ricochet1a

Do you get this each month or is it quarterly, etc? 300 per mo. avg isn't all bad imo.

Its semi-annual... and I don't see how an hourly employee can get $300 for their payout. Unless they are are in market level M, topped out and pulling in a good amount of over-time.

vantexan

Isn't the revenue mix something like 25 billion express, 6 billion ground? Just sayin... it's not like Express is puny and Ground is just massive now, it's just Ground if more profitable per dollar spent for you. It's like for every 8 or so UPS Ground packages, Fedex Ground gets one, or something along that line without busting out a calculator. I think sometimes that puts these things into some type of perspective.

But they're looking to tilt those numbers towards Ground.

vantexan

Its semi-annual... and I don't see how an hourly employee can get $300 for their payout. Unless they are are in market level M, topped out and pulling in a good amount of over-time.

On the lowest payscale a topped out courier averaging 50 hrs would gross about $65k a year, more than $300 per 6 month 1% payout. Her station is E, two payscales higher. Where is Market Level M paid? New payscale? L is/was the highest, paid only in San Francisco/Silicon Valley.

TUT

But they're looking to tilt those numbers towards Ground.

That is true. But it's not like it's GROUND and then express in terms of overall revenue. It is still very much an EXPRESS company overall.

But hey they are on the market, face it companies will do whatever is working growth wise and forget the meat and potatoes it seems, I scratch my head all the time over this. Hell HP was trying to sell the PC division, it was their main source of revenue and was still profitable, but the margins were thin for wall street. The issue is without it they don't exist, yes it would be nice to make something for a $1 sell it for $100 and sell 10's of millions... But that is by far the exception. Their tablets weren't selling, so margin doesn't matter.

vantexan

That is true. But it's not like it's GROUND and then express in terms of overall revenue. It is still very much an EXPRESS company overall.

But hey they are on the market, face it companies will do whatever is working growth wise and forget the meat and potatoes it seems, I scratch my head all the time over this. Hell HP was trying to sell the PC division, it was their main source of revenue and was still profitable, but the margins were thin for wall street. The issue is without it they don't exist, yes it would be nice to make something for a $1 sell it for $100 and sell 10's of millions... But that is by far the exception. Their tablets weren't selling, so margin doesn't matter.

It's always short term thinking to please Wall Street. A company like Apple, on the other hand, thinks long term, truly innovates, and in the end still makes Wall Street very happy. Don't understand why more companies aren't like this.